Page 10 of 17 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Bras page 10

sakura_girl is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Does anybody get nipple chafing? I do when I go braless with a t-shirt on

Gladmorning is offline Senior Member
    I was talking to my boyfriend about this thread. It was actually a pretty serious conversation. Suddenly, he started laughing histerically. I asked him what on earth he was laughing about. Through his gasps and giggles he finally said "Im just picturing you driving your tractor with no bra on.".

It was pretty funny. I think farm work will require a bra of the sports variety, same with going to work. But, I have found myself stripping the thing as soon as I get in for the night thanks to this thread.
    The process is simple: Free your mind, and your ass will follow.

Sandra in BC is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by happybunny View Post
    Umm...32G here. I could still stand to lose 10 lbs, but the boobs haven't gone anywhere during the last 30 lbs, so I'm not sure another 10 will make much difference.

Also, I'm very skeptical of the idea that bras lead to cancer due to restriction of lymph flow. The interpretation of research seems quite dodgy. For the sake of argument, I'll grant that 24-hour bra use is correlated with increased breast cancer. But it didn't take long to find a counterargument that overweight women are far more likely to wear bras that amount of time. Guess what being overweight is correlated with? Breast cancer. So all in all, this seems like the sort of argument that reinterprets correlation as causation. Also, a NYTimes article (which I understand might be rightly taken with a grain of salt) states that women with lymph nodes removed from the chest area don't have higher rates of breast cancer.
    If you look at maps by country, or by state, of breast cancer, diabetes, and obesity rates, you're going to see some correlation. I did not find a map for bra-wearing.

Men can get breast cancer too. Is it genetic? Or is it something in the water? (or the Super Big Gulp?)
    Sandra
    *My obligatory intro

There are no cheat days. There are days when you eat primal and days you don't. As soon as you label a day a cheat day, you're on a diet. Don't be on a diet. ~~ Fernaldo

DAINTY CAN KISS MY PRIMAL BACKSIDE. ~~ Crabcakes

YogaBare is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by sakura_girl View Post
    Ouch! Is it the fabric, or is your skin sensitive there?
    "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

- Ray Peat

YogaBare is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by happybunny View Post

As for the cup: The volume of the cup in a 36B bra is the same as that of a 34C bra or 38A. You said that a C-cup was the most comfortable. You might actually be a 32C but just haven't found a brand of bra that is the right shape for you. This is a chart that compares underwire width between brands (although it's geared toward larger cup sizes): http://i.imgur.com/2UVzC.png

Also, have you tried non-padded/molded bras? Seamed bras are the bomb and have a little more give for the fit.

Last piece of advice: if you are serious about a good-fitting bra, suck it up and go to Nordstrom or the equivalent. The sales associates there know what they are doing and know a lot about how their products fit. The bras are expensive, but can last for years.
    Wow, thanks for that link! Interesting that all those companies have different widths for their wires...

Maybe I should try a 30C. Or I could just continue letting my lady friends do their own thing
    "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

- Ray Peat

Bifcus is offline Senior Member
    Yep. I just can't do it. It is soooo uncomfortable. Sleep braless, sure - but then they are flopping to the side so not so much rubbing. But normal clothing and braless is just too painful. Dressing gown for an hour or so only works because I wrap it tightly and don't move much while I am eating breakfast. Anything else, I need that protection.

As for the whole get the right size thing, I can't be bothered. Seriously, I weigh two kilo's less than I did four days ago -and the girls sit differently. That water will go back on in a few days time, not to mention the longer term weight changes. I am not going to play around with bra's every day to work out what to wear. I normally only buy a new bra if I haven't got enough to last to washday.

sakura_girl is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by YogaBare View Post
    Ouch! Is it the fabric, or is your skin sensitive there?
    I think it's both? I get chafing on only one side, and only for certain t-shirts. Some cotton fabrics just feel rough, so it feels uncomfortable when I'm wearing it around the house without a bra on

sjmc is offline Senior Member
    I think it's both? I get chafing on only one side, and only for certain t-shirts. Some cotton fabrics just feel rough, so it feels uncomfortable when I'm wearing it around the house without a bra on
    Maybe one of your boobs is a little bigger than the other?

I have heard of men putting band aids on their nipples when running long distances.

NZ primal Gwamma is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by sjmc View Post

I have heard of men putting band aids on their nipples when running long distances.
    I have seen male runners with bloodied shirts from chaffed nipples - awful sight................
    "never let the truth get in the way of a good story "

...small steps....

cori93437 is offline Senior Member
    Sore/chaffed nipple solution for braless... http://www.amazon.com/Nippies-Skin-R...f=pd_sim_hpc_1
    Last edited by cori93437; 04-11-2013 at 12:48 AM.
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

Page 10 of 17 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast