Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Fruit page

primer is offline Member

Fruit

Primal Fuel
    Is it really that bad? I for one had though that fruit was really healthy, just as much as vegetables. Apparently Mark and other people on this forum hold the view that its benefits are overrated. In fact, I've read posts here that describe fruit as something to be absolutely avoided.

http://fitnessblackbook.com/dieting_...-of-your-diet/

Thats a post I just read on fitnessblackbook promoting the consumption of fruit. I'd love to know your thoughts on this.

Grumpycakes is offline Senior Member
    It's nutritious and delicious. But it can be a total kick in the balls if you're trying to lose fat.

iniQuity is offline Senior Member
    What Primalchild said, just eat berries if you must. How much fruit can a person really eat? I find it to be too sweet... I don't like how they're lumped with vegetables as equals either...

rphlslv is offline Senior Member
    I think fruits are the devil.

Stabby is offline Senior Member
    Yes every single purported benefit of fruit is highly exaggerated. This is what the CW propaganda machines does. Fruit has antioxidants. Antioxidants are good. Therefore fruit is really really really fucking good for you, eat up and don't stop!

Not that I have much against a bit of fruit but it's seriously overrated and people need to stop touting fruits as the be all end all of nutrition or suggesting that they have anything at all to offer that can't be obtained from other sources and better without the sugar. They have some utility in exercise for a carby paleo approach, but honestly I don't know why anyone would think that a carby paleo approach would be all that desirable.
    Stabbing conventional wisdom in its face.

Anyone who wants to talk nutrition should PM me!

MalPaz is offline Senior Member
    i dont eat it

Mirrorball is offline Senior Member
    Don't expect a miracle to happen just because you ate a fruit, but it's delicious, nutritious and nothing to be afraid of. You CAN lose weight and eat fruit. I did (am doing). I eat several servings of fruit daily. Love it.
    Height: 5'4" (1.62 m)
    Starting weight (09/2009): 200 lb (90.6 kg)
    No longer overweight (08/2010): 145 lb (65.6 kg)
    Current weight (01/2012): 127 lb (57.5 kg)

DarthFriendly is offline Banned
    Had some today, probably won't tomorrow, or the next day, or the day after that... I did used to live off the stuff though... if you could have called that "living".

Diana Renata is offline Senior Member
    I eat fruit, but probably not more than once or twice a week, tops. It's a nice treat.

Griff is offline Senior Member
    Fruit is high in sugar. By definition, it's not good for you because it will spike your insulin and kill off your pancreas.
    Primal eating in a nutshell: If you are hungry, eat Primal food until you are satisfied (not stuffed). Then stop. Wait until you're hungry again. Repeat.

Looking for my Cholesterol Primer? Here it is: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...mer-(Attempt-2)

Ditch the scale!: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread33283.html

My Success Story: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread30615.html

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast