Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anyone seen good results without lifting? page

marcusp is offline Member

Anyone seen good results without lifting?

Primal Fuel
    Hey guys

So im doing this for a month see how I get on

I am a postman and walk for around 4 hours six days a week, also do a couple of 10 mile bike rides a week.

Also doing 20 pushups a day.

I was on p90x but failed at that found it to hard

If I survive this first month eating primal I will get a kettle ball and pull up bar.

Just wondered how many of you guys have seen good results with limited exercise?

Cheers

Marcus

peril is offline Senior Member
    I lost around 10kg while just walking and paddling. My goal was improved health, not weightloss, but hte loss was welcome. Over three years ago and weight has stayed off without additional exercise.

People underestimate the health aspect. We have many homeostatic mechanisms that control weight. Weight gain is a sign that those mechanisms have been compromised. Losing the weight requires fixing the mechanisms. Heavy exercise isn't required for that and may be counterproductive if causing undue stress. The heavy exercise will help you look better naked if your body is ready for it
    Four years Primal with influences from Jaminet & Shanahan and a focus on being anti-inflammatory. Using Primal to treat CVD and prevent stents from blocking free of drugs.

Eat creatures nose-to-tail (animal, fowl, fish, crustacea, molluscs), a large variety of vegetables (raw, cooked and fermented, including safe starches), dairy (cheese & yoghurt), occasional fruit, cocoa, turmeric & red wine

Quote Originally Posted by peril View Post
    I lost around 10kg while just walking and paddling. My goal was improved health, not weightloss, but hte loss was welcome. Over three years ago and weight has stayed off without additional exercise.

People underestimate the health aspect. We have many homeostatic mechanisms that control weight. Weight gain is a sign that those mechanisms have been compromised. Losing the weight requires fixing the mechanisms. Heavy exercise isn't required for that and may be counterproductive if causing undue stress. The heavy exercise will help you look better naked if your body is ready for it
    yes I dont wanna overdo it as I have time constraints

but I do want to look good naked :-)

eKatherine is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by marcusp View Post
    yes I dont wanna overdo it as I have time constraints

but I do want to look good naked :-)
    Eventually then you will want to do some strength exercises. Commit yourself to getting the pullup bar regardless of what else happens. What you need is to be able to take a few minutes to do exercise when you have a few minutes, something you can only do if you are set up to do it at home.

Quote Originally Posted by eKatherine View Post
    Eventually then you will want to do some strength exercises. Commit yourself to getting the pullup bar regardless of what else happens. What you need is to be able to take a few minutes to do exercise when you have a few minutes, something you can only do if you are set up to do it at home.
    Yes I believe that doing pullups and pushups here and there will be great, I had a pullup bar was soooo hard to do unasissted pullups.

eKatherine is offline Senior Member
    If you search youtube for "how to do a pullup" you will find lots of help for getting started.

Silvergirl is offline Senior Member
    Yes, all my weightloss with very very little lifting and cardio. I am really trying to discipline myself to do it to get stronger etc. but I am pretty on and off with it.
    Starting Primal June 2012 at 148.5lbs, goal weight in November 2012.
    Now 95lbs and holding.
    Primal, minus eggs, dairy and a myriad of other allergens.

Dragonfly is offline Senior Member
    Hey Marcus~
    Check out the free PB Fitness pdf here:

Primal Blueprint Fitness | Mark's Daily Apple

It's a great, progressive bodyweight workout that you can do at home. I've found it works really well for overall fitness.

0Angel0 is offline Senior Member
    I lost mine with walking my dogs daily, yoga, and a long weekend hike a couple times a month. I'm just now doing the Primal Blueprint Essential Movements 3 times a week also to help tone up.

sbhikes is online now Senior Member
    You can lose weight without lifting weights, but if you want to build muscle you need to lift. In other words, you'll shrink on a diet but still be a little flabby. Lifting takes away the flab and makes your thinner self look better.
    Female, 5'3", 49, Starting weight: 163lbs. Current weight: 135 (more or less).
    Starting squat: 45lbs. Current squat: 170 x 3. Current Deadlift: 220 x 3

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast