Thread: Huge trouble sleeping - Help!:( page

Traveller is offline Senior Member

Huge trouble sleeping - Help!:(

Hi everyone.

I've been having a lot of trouble sleeping, both on Primal days, and ones where I cheat a bit.
    I go to bed at a good hour, around 9 - 10:00pm, and lie awake until around 1:00am, sometimes later.

Is it too many carbs? Too little carbs? Something that will resolve itself?

During the day I'm like a zombie, and at night I'm much more energetic. How do I change this?

Advice and suggestions appreciated!

Traveller.

Cryptocode is offline Senior Member
    I wish I knew. I'm having the same problem. So far I haven't found a solution. I also go to bed at 9:30pm and it doesn't help a bit.

picklepete is online now Senior Member
    Sounds like your clock is backwards, i.e. melatonin day and cortisol night

My experience:
    • more light and activity during day hours. 10 min walk upon waking and 30-60 min walk over lunch are magic.
    • no food or caffeine after sunset. I still consume decaf/herb tea.
    • shower/bath ~30 min before bedtime. The evaporation cooling has a sedative effect for me.
    • dark bedroom. Opaque curtains or even black paper from an art store can work.

I haven't noticed any carb effect. If your intake level is causing stress then tinker with it.

Traveller is offline Senior Member
    Well last night I went for a 35 minute walk at 6:15 pm, had a cup of sleep-inducing herbal tea (no honey or milk), then went to bed at 8:45 pm, and made my bedroom as dark as possible.

And I was out like a light before 9:30!! I don't know if it was mainly one of these things, or a combination of all of them, but I'm so glad I got some sleep. Plus, today was the end of daylight savings, so I got to stay in bed for an extra hour!

Thanks PicklePete!

Lucid Space is offline Junior Member
    Hmm. If all else fails, take 25mg of Benadryl about 30 minutes before you wish to sleep.
    We are like cattle, blocked in by industrial confines. Walking down aisle seven, I grab my wheat flakes like a foddered bovine. ~lucid space

Lucid Space is offline Junior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    ^ and that's the same as diphenhydramine. (the active ingredient in Tylenol PM and things of the like)
    We are like cattle, blocked in by industrial confines. Walking down aisle seven, I grab my wheat flakes like a foddered bovine. ~lucid space