Thread: How long to really lean out? page

Jfk6668 is offline Junior Member

How long to really lean out?

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I've been doing primal/paleo for about 12 weeks.....I'm 5'7".....went from 156 and 17% body fat to 142 and 12-13% body fat in about 7-8 weeks but seems like I've plateaued......

I eat some non ideal foods like a little nuts, some fruit, and occasional dairy....mostly grassed cheese....also I have coffe which I know can raise cortisol......

So do I need to eat a super clean diet to really Lean out.....get to 8% body fat........or have I just not allowed sufficient time to get lean?

Also I follow the primal way of exercising.....lots of walking.....2 days of lifting, I days of kettlebells and sprints once a week

Any advice?

Fernaldo is offline Senior Member
    You need to seek the council of Martin Berkhan.... Intermittent fasting diet for fat loss, muscle gain and health
    "The problem with quoting someone on the Internet is, you never know if it's legit" - Abraham Lincoln

Meghanner is offline Senior Member
    Do you really need to be at 8%...perhaps your body is happy here for a reason. Plateaus often signal a natural weight that your body would like to maintain. In my experience, to bust plateaus you need to do some long chronic cardio...not primal but it works every time .