Thread: Facility for juvenile rehab with sugar- and gluten-free approach page

spicegirl is offline Senior Member

Facility for juvenile rehab with sugar- and gluten-free approach

Primal Fuel
    Does anyone happen to know if there is a facility in the US that is a juvenile rehab facility that practices a primal/paleo approach to diet.

Wouldn't that be wonderful?

The reason I ask is that I have a dear friend whose niece is emotionally out of control--self-injury, shop-lifting, among other things. They have put her into an institution. It just keeps nagging at me b/c even though she has demonstrated some really horrible behavior, I can't help but wonder how much poor food choices feed into some of the behavior. I'm not ignoring things like family dynamics and other factors, of course.

Her parents are currently spending $130,000 for the current facility she is in. Does anyone know if there is a facility that focuses on diet out there that isn't for eating disorders and/or addiction?

Wouldn't this be something great that Mark could get involved with (hint, hint)?

Thanks!
    sg

Hi Spicegirl

I don't know of anywhere myself, but I often have the same thought! My mum is a nutritionist and did a lot of research into child nutrition in the early 90s. She is very CW focused, but she said so often she would see kids that were classed as hyperactive or disruptive in schools (adhd wasn't commonly diagnosed then) and she said you could often see common trends in their diets - too much junk and not enough substance. She said that often if diet was changed, the kids behaviour would get better.

These kids were younger than your friend's daughter, but I still think that diet affects the behaviour of everyone. I get pretty moody and argumentative myself when I've been on a sugar roller coaster! It would be a fascinating research project but unfortunately I doubt any drug company will fund it due to lack of profit for them...

Sugar is my nicotine...

spicegirl is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by kaoticturtle View Post
    Hi Spicegirl
    These kids were younger than your friend's daughter, but I still think that diet affects the behaviour of everyone. I get pretty moody and argumentative myself when I've been on a sugar roller coaster!
    Me too. That's why I feel pretty strongly about this young woman. There's just something in all of this that does not add up. Oh, and have you ever seen info on the school in Australia that cut out sugar. They have amazing results.

I can't imagine that there isn't some small place out there. Maybe i am just feeling as though there "should" be such a place.

Thanks again!
    sg