Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Beyond Meat and Veg page 3

skorpion317 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    I try to eat a variety of different meats, especially game meats. I consistently use a few vegetables, like onions, peppers, etc. in most dishes. I eat fruits randomly, when the mood strikes me.

A great plantain recipe is mofongo. Fried mashed plaintains, mixed with garlic and chicharrones (pork cracklings). If you can't get pork cracklings, use bacon instead. Mix it with some nice shredded pork or beef, and you have one hell of a meal.
    SW (1/4/12): 326 lbs. (48% BF)
    Steak and Eggs SW (5/11/13): 198 lbs.
    CW (6/2/13): 185.4 lbs. (??% BF)
    GW: 185 lbs. (~15% BF)
    0.4 lbs. to go, ??% BF to go

Urban Forager is online now Senior Member
    I have a friend that had a similar attitude, she tried to do paleo a couple of times, if she couldn't do paleo "perfectly" she thought she may as well not do it. I had to remind her not to let perfect be the enemy of the good. If she couldn't get/afford grass fed or organic she would skip a meal and then complain that she was always hungry on paleo. I finally suggested she try the Perfect Health Diet.

Sandra in BC is offline Senior Member
    I eat whatever the hell I want. Yes, when I cook for myself its MOSTLY meat, and veggies but its a broad range.

The list of things I avoid eating is a lot shorter...wheat, corn, soy, seed oils, legumes, high fructose corn syrup, artificial sweeteners. Everything else is fair game. In moderation.
    Sandra
    *My obligatory intro

There are no cheat days. There are days when you eat primal and days you don't. As soon as you label a day a cheat day, you're on a diet. Don't be on a diet. ~~ Fernaldo

DAINTY CAN KISS MY PRIMAL BACKSIDE. ~~ Crabcakes

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123