Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Discouraged-Big family on small budget page 5

noodletoy is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by j3nn View Post
    Since when is PB only about food? I'm here for the same reason Mark Sisson wrote the foreword in PHD's latest book: I can mix and mingle about health and science without committing to a particular food plan that I don't find right for me. I can like a lot of other things about Primal besides its food pyramid.

You sound like one of those people who say, "America: love it or leave it!" for not agreeing with all of its policies. Come on. there's more than one reason to participate in Primal chat.
    yes, there are many facets of primal, but i think of diet as 80%, yet you reject it. i also feel like it's more helpful for folks to actually get dialed in, THEN make personal tweaks. whatevs.

amajust gonna admire my velvet painting of that big eagle with "don't tread on me" for a bit now, lol.
    As I ate the oysters with their strong taste of the sea and their faint metallic taste that the cold white wine washed away, leaving only the sea taste and the succulent texture, and as I drank their cold liquid from each shell and washed it down with the crisp taste of the wine, I lost the empty feeling and began to be happy and to make plans.

– Ernest Hemingway

j3nn is online now Senior Member
    The Gadsden flag was hijacked by the Tea Party. I can't look at it the same anymore.
    | My (food) Blog | Follow me on Facebook | Pinterest | Twitter |

“It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men.” - Samuel Adams

The Gadsden flag was hijacked by the Tea Party. I can't look at it the same anymore.
    but that sign probably said, "DUNT TREDD ON ME AND GO BAC WHER U COME FRUM"
    As I ate the oysters with their strong taste of the sea and their faint metallic taste that the cold white wine washed away, leaving only the sea taste and the succulent texture, and as I drank their cold liquid from each shell and washed it down with the crisp taste of the wine, I lost the empty feeling and began to be happy and to make plans.

– Ernest Hemingway

What sign?

“It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men.” - Samuel Adams

What sign?
    the one held by a tea-partier at some rally, where, even though wearing sneakers, they had to sit in lawn chair cuz standing was too taxing.

yes, i said taxing.

– Ernest Hemingway

Yeah. That's why it's tainted now.

Sandra in BC is offline Senior Member
    Planning and batch cooking. Its stupid easy.

Weekly Food Prep Tips | Stupid Easy Paleo
    Sandra
    *My obligatory intro

There are no cheat days. There are days when you eat primal and days you don't. As soon as you label a day a cheat day, you're on a diet. Don't be on a diet. ~~ Fernaldo

DAINTY CAN KISS MY PRIMAL BACKSIDE. ~~ Crabcakes

magicmerl is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by noodletoy View Post
    yes, there are many facets of primal, but i think of diet as 80%, yet you reject it. i also feel like it's more helpful for folks to actually get dialed in, THEN make personal tweaks. whatevs.

amajust gonna admire my velvet painting of that big eagle with "don't tread on me" for a bit now, lol.
    I'm in the same camp with j3nn. I like most of what primal is about, but I think that there's slight variations *just* to the left a bit that is more betterer for me. I personally like Perfect Health Diet. No slam on primal, in fact the two about about 95% the same. Just where they differ, my compass swings PHD north.
    Disclaimer: I eat 'meat and vegetables' ala Primal, although I don't agree with the carb curve. I like Perfect Health Diet and WAPF Lactofermentation a lot.

Griff's cholesterol primer
    5,000 Cal Fat <> 5,000 Cal Carbs
    Winterbike: What I eat every day is what other people eat to treat themselves.
    TQP: I find for me that nutrition is much more important than what I do in the gym.
    bloodorchid is always right

heatherp is offline Senior Member
    Hello!
    I too think there's some great advice in here (aside from a few Judgy McJudgersons) - all I wanted to add was that there are some good sites for prepping ahead of time, like this:
    Once A Month Cooking | Freezer Cooking | Once A Month Mom
    There is a paleo section of recipes... as a single girl doing Paleo I dont really need it, but am convincing my sister (Mum of 3 boys ) to have a go at it!
    Good luck and hang in there...

JoanieL is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Doghnna View Post
    and her taste buds graduating
    Douchebot reported.
    "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast