Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I suffer from severe blushing will primal help?? page

marcusp is offline Member

I suffer from severe blushing will primal help??

Primal Fuel
    Hey guys

Just wondered if any of you have suffered from blushing, sweaty hands and sore skin etc??

I tend to blush very easily and get really sweaty hands...

I started to think maybe it was because of my diet

fast food, crisps, cakes, cream biscuits, rice, pasta, potatoes etc etc

now I have cut all that out and am just eating what I think is primal loads of meat, veg, salads, butter, virgin coconut oil, eggs, fish, nuts and fruit but not as much...

do you think mt skin will improve?

cheers

marcus

YogaBare is offline Senior Member
    I'm a blusher too! Processed foods and alcohol exasperate it, but even without those things (and gluten-free), I still have days where I get very red if I do anything strenuous.

I'm actually looking into a theory that it could be caused by low stomach acid. How's your digestion?

Also, for your sweating - did you ever check out a book called "Sweat Miracle"? It's one of those that you order online and promises to make you sweat-free in 10 days. Etc. etc!
    "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

- Ray Peat

namelesswonder is offline Moderator
    I blush a lot too. I've found that it's improved since going Primal, but that has more to do with me feeling less embarrassed (stems from anxiety). If I exert myself, I still turn very red! I think circulation may have something to do with it, and I know mine is somewhat poor, but it's been improving lately.

My digestion is currently awful (after 8 months of chronic constipation, I'm self-diagnosing myself with IBS-C). Supplementing Betain HCL with pepsin didn't have any noticeable help, but I didn't use it for very long. I may try it again soon.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

Quote Originally Posted by YogaBare View Post
    I'm a blusher too! Processed foods and alcohol exasperate it, but even without those things (and gluten-free), I still have days where I get very red if I do anything strenuous.

I'm actually looking into a theory that it could be caused by low stomach acid. How's your digestion?

Also, for your sweating - did you ever check out a book called "Sweat Miracle"? It's one of those that you order online and promises to make you sweat-free in 10 days. Etc. etc!
    really you suffer to?? have you found the primal diet helps?

I had loads of tests but nothing found the cause

I get worse when going from the cold to a hot room and after exercise.

Ill look at that for my sweaty hands but my blushing needs attention more I guess it pretty much ruins my life

Marcus

Quote Originally Posted by namelesswonder View Post
    I blush a lot too. I've found that it's improved since going Primal, but that has more to do with me feeling less embarrassed (stems from anxiety). If I exert myself, I still turn very red! I think circulation may have something to do with it, and I know mine is somewhat poor, but it's been improving lately.

My digestion is currently awful (after 8 months of chronic constipation, I'm self-diagnosing myself with IBS-C). Supplementing Betain HCL with pepsin didn't have any noticeable help, but I didn't use it for very long. I may try it again soon.
    All the blood seems to rush to my head it feels like a furnace sometimes...

you found anything at all that helps?

Gladmorning is offline Senior Member
    If I exercise, I'm beet red. If I SMELL alcohol, I'm beet red. If I laugh, I'm beet red. You get my point. I don't think this is something one can change. I think it's just how your body works. Just my opinion.
    The process is simple: Free your mind, and your ass will follow.

Quote Originally Posted by marcusp View Post
    really you suffer to?? have you found the primal diet helps?

I had loads of tests but nothing found the cause

I get worse when going from the cold to a hot room and after exercise.

Ill look at that for my sweaty hands but my blushing needs attention more I guess it pretty much ruins my life

Marcus
    I'm sorry that it affects so you much I know that some people get really depressed about it and even go for surgery.

Have you checked if it's Rosacea Markus? There's three types of Rosacea, and one of them is basically just severe blushing, sometimes with broken capillaries. I have a mild form of it.
    "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

- Ray Peat

Quote Originally Posted by YogaBare View Post
    I'm sorry that it affects so you much I know that some people get really depressed about it and even go for surgery.

Have you checked if it's Rosacea Markus? There's three types of Rosacea, and one of them is basically just severe blushing, sometimes with broken capillaries. I have a mild form of it.
    Yes I considered surgery and im not sure if its rosacea as I have not got constant red veins in my cheeks..

I never used to be like this but it effects me socially

tend to avoid social stuff

Quote Originally Posted by marcusp View Post
    Yes I considered surgery and im not sure if its rosacea as I have not got constant red veins in my cheeks..

I never used to be like this but it effects me socially

tend to avoid social stuff
    It sounds like Rosacea.

There are two things you could try.

One is LED therapy: Does Photo Rejuvenation Infrared Led Light Therapy Work? | LIVESTRONG.COM
    There are clinics in the UK where you can get it done, or else you can buy a small handheld LED light and use it

The other thing is investigating your gut health. I know it sounds strange, but the gut and the skin are closely related. Rosacea and other skin conditions have been linked to low stomach acid. How is your digestion?

- Ray Peat

Oh, also these are obvious ones, but are you overweight? How's your blood pressure?

- Ray Peat

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast