Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: How to fit gelatin into diet? page 2

Zach is offline Banned
    Primal Fuel
    Gummy worms.

... Whoops, posted under wrong screen name!

Meghanner is offline Senior Member
    Make marshmallows

Jamie Madrox is offline Senior Member
    i do this A LOT.

1 cup water, 1 packet gelatin, 30g watermelon, and a pinch of stevia. put the gelatin with half the water in a small mixing bowl(i use one of the cups from my magic bullet) and let sit, bring the other half of the water to a boil. dump the watermelon, stevia and hot water into the gelatin mix and mix until incorporated and fridge it until set.

i really like using the magic bullet for this as it creates a nice foamy layer of watermelon jello goodness on top of the watermelon jello.

but instead of watermelon i often use sweet potato, butternut squash, orange, banana, apple slices. I did spinach once and that rocked. THE ONLY LIMIT IS YOUR IMAGINATION!

eKatherine is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jamie Madrox View Post
    THE ONLY LIMIT IS YOUR IMAGINATION!
    Those silly little packets are the limiting factor, unless you buy a 5# bag from Amazon as I did.

0Angel0 is offline Senior Member
    Coffee jello with coconut cream!!

Take a mug full of good strong hot black coffee, sweeten with whatever you use, add 1 T gelatin, stir well. Put it in a bowl to mold it, then chill it for a few hours. Un-mold the jello (or not), top with coconut cream. Eat!!

Paleobird Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by 0Angel0 View Post
    Coffee jello with coconut cream!!

Take a mug full of good strong hot black coffee, sweeten with whatever you use, add 1 T gelatin, stir well. Put it in a bowl to mold it, then chill it for a few hours. Un-mold the jello (or not), top with coconut cream. Eat!!
    Ooooh. I'm going to try that with Teeccino maybe add a little cocoa powder.

peril is offline Senior Member
    Slow cook meat, poultry or fish on the bone. Make sure you suck every last piece of flesh off the bones and don't waste any of the stock or sauce
    Four years Primal with influences from Jaminet & Shanahan and a focus on being anti-inflammatory. Using Primal to treat CVD and prevent stents from blocking free of drugs.

Eat creatures nose-to-tail (animal, fowl, fish, crustacea, molluscs), a large variety of vegetables (raw, cooked and fermented, including safe starches), dairy (cheese & yoghurt), occasional fruit, cocoa, turmeric & red wine

Quote Originally Posted by Paleobird View Post
    Ooooh. I'm going to try that with Teeccino maybe add a little cocoa powder.
    I've served it to company before as dessert in fancy little glasses and it went over really well. A nice light sweetish treat to end the meal.

I need to try the Teechino. It sounds amazing. I keep going back and forth about quitting coffee but it doesn't seem to be harming me and truth be told I don't really want to. I should go without for at least 30 days just to see if I feel better or if there's something I'm just not noticing right now. But again, I really don't want to, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by peril View Post
    Slow cook meat, poultry or fish on the bone. Make sure you suck every last piece of flesh off the bones and don't waste any of the stock or sauce
    This! And I use the drippings from chicken to lightly saute or roast veggies. For some reason they seem much more gelatin rich than conventional chicken drippings. Pastured chicken is outrageously priced and I ain't wastin' nothin'!!

PrimalInAsia is offline Junior Member
    At the moment I am just making fruit juice jello from an SCD recipe you can find online. I really like all of the creative ideas posted thus far though! When my eating is less limited, I am definitely going to try some of these! I wish I was creative and chefy enough to figure out how to make some kind of coconut lemon-lime gelatin thing. That would be so yummy!

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast