Thread: Socialization page

GermanoLima is offline Junior Member

Socialization

Primal Fuel
    I'm only 15 and I'm already neurotic per feeding (TOC) I lost almost all my friends because I'm afraid to eat out, afraid of where gluten can hide, I'm not celiac, gluten fear most by the time say he stays in the body .... not like pasta more afraid of cross-contamination or a steak seasoning ... thoughts? Thanks!

Damiana is offline Senior Member
    You should see a therapist. It sounds like the beginning of an unhealthy relationship with food, and at your age you should be out and having fun with friends, not obsessing about what you eat if you don't have a health problem concerning gluten and other food allergies.
    F 28/5'4/100 lbs

"I'm not a psychopath, I'm a high-functioning sociopath; do your research."

beaubutterfly is offline Member
    I think you should be brave, go out with your friends and find what you like to eat and eat it! life is too short to worry so much...enjoy your food and enjoy your life love xoxo

eKatherine is offline Senior Member
    You started a thread on this same topic (fear of gluten that is impacting your life) a month ago. You really should do something about it. I can't eat gluten at all, but I don't let it affect my life.

notlupus is offline Senior Member
    I'm celiac and if you decide to live this way by choice you are not right in the head. It sucks and is awful to constantly have to live in fear of contamination. Why you would do that when you won't be harmed by it is beyond me.

GermanoLima is offline Junior Member
    Thanks!
    I'm scared because I've been overweight since I started and stopped primal being fat and insults over!
    Last edited by GermanoLima; 04-05-2013 at 11:53 AM.

notlupus is offline Senior Member
    I was fat as a kid too, and I eventually learned balance was the key. Being so careful will make it far worse if you ever fall off the wagon. Learn to eat ONE small roll. Two little squares of chocolate. If you practice moderation you will be able to relax. That's what happened for me. I still eat too much chocolate sometimes, but I am far better off than I used to be.

paleodutch is online now Senior Member
    Traces of gluten will not make you fat or gain water weight. Just eliminate the visible sources like pasta, pizza, cookies, cake and bread and eat meat, vegetables and some fruit in stead and other primal food. If you are not a celiac you should be fine
    At you age also add some potatoes or white rice, you don't need it every day but it is ok to eat it when you are with friends or when you exercise.

Knifegill is offline Senior Member
    Don't let your friends be stronger than you. And don't take people so seriously. The friendships you have right now will all disappear into thin air very soon. Just laugh and tell them they can eat what they want, just like you.

Turquoisepassion:
    Knifegill is christened to be high carb now!
    notontherug:
    the buttstuff...never interested.
    He gives me Lamprey Kisses in the midnight sea
    Flubby tubby gums latching onto me
    For all that I've done wrong, I mastodon something right...

My pony picture thread http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread82786.html