Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: It feels so wrong eating...... page 4

camel is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    I had trouble with this at first, but here was the clincher for me:

You know how they induce rickets when doing clinical trials? OATMEAL

It's not a health food. Look up the nutritional value of egg yolks. There's a real health food! Bacon isn't so much, but the satiety value rocks!

Drumroll is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by marcusp View Post
    wow really?? just one meal a day??

and it takes a few hours to eat..crikey

so whats in this gigantic meal and have you got ripped from doing it??

We have always been taught never to skip breakfast
    Getting ripped? Is that your only reason for switching to primal? Someone needs to adjust their priorities methinks.

I have lost a lot of fat eating this way and I have leaned out however. The idea is that your body should have more than enough fat stores on it to allow you to burn them all day until you eat your meal and refuel. It is something Grok likely had to deal with quite often because he obviously wouldn't have been able to eat until the day's hunt was complete, usually in the evening.

Dude, if you're going to make primal work, you need to get out of this CW mindset you're in about regular eating, eating small amounts, feeling guilty about high fat, etc.

For example... My one meal yesterday was:

Seven egg omlette with three cups of spicy mustard greens in it cooked in a tablespoon of coconut oil, seasoned with cinnamon, turmeric, and cumin, topped with a chopped jalapeño a pound of grass-fed ground lamb, and a bunch of salsa.

Total calories according to Cronometer? 1,950. Considering I went for a six mile walk yesterday, probably a net loss overall.
    Last edited by Drumroll; 04-05-2013 at 12:34 PM.

marcusp is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Drumroll View Post
    Getting ripped? Is that your only reason for switching to primal? Someone needs to adjust their priorities methinks.

I have lost a lot of fat eating this way and I have leaned out however. The idea is that your body should have more than enough fat stores on it to allow you to burn them all day until you eat your meal and refuel. It is something Grok likely had to deal with quite often because he obviously wouldn't have been able to eat until the day's hunt was complete, usually in the evening.

Dude, if you're going to make primal work, you need to get out of this CW mindset you're in about regular eating, eating small amounts, feeling guilty about high fat, etc.

For example... My one meal yesterday was:

Seven egg omlette with three cups of spicy mustard greens in it cooked in a tablespoon of coconut oil, seasoned with cinnamon, turmeric, and cumin, topped with a chopped jalapeño a pound of grass-fed ground lamb, and a bunch of salsa.

Total calories according to Cronometer? 1,950. Considering I went for a six mile walk yesterday, probably a net loss overall.
    no of course not I want to be healthy to and live longer, so I read this diet seems to fit my criteria

im also a postman so do plenty of walking and cycling to work yet im still fat. Its my diet is awful at the moment, well not over the last 2 days :-)

might mix it up and have one massive meal

Drumroll is offline Senior Member
    You might want to check out "The Warrior Diet" by Ori Hofmekler.

The book is a little dry and he doesn't always explain his thoughts as well as I wish he would, but there's a solid basis behind eating once a day at least. It's not all hype and bunk!

Katsuhiko the Rolfer is offline Senior Member
    will bebetter when you get the coconut oil... everything will taste better and you will be more satisfied

do IF and a good meal, sorted

Quote Originally Posted by Katsuhiko the Rolfer View Post
    will bebetter when you get the coconut oil... everything will taste better and you will be more satisfied

do IF and a good meal, sorted

yeah man got that today bloody £6.99 from sainsburys cant afford that all the time gotta try do this on a budget :-)

Quote Originally Posted by marcusp View Post
    yeah man got that today bloody £6.99 from sainsburys cant afford that all the time gotta try do this on a budget :-)
    yes sainsbury is gonna be out of the equation, way too much

order tubs online and it will work out much cheaper per kilo and better too

i spend so much time researching suppliers, it's just something you need - keep your ears peeled for a good cheap source of eggs - they are around and often from strange sources, you want someone who has an over supply and wants to sell them

I pay £1.15 the half dozen through a church that gets them off an organic farm, super fresh, organic, free range and not feed corn. That's way cheaper than the market and the big chains.

Promise you though, do the work once, find the suppliers and get into the way of eating and you will reap the benefit

this is a good resource for suppliers in the UK

Paleo Directory - Primal Britain

Quote Originally Posted by Katsuhiko the Rolfer View Post
    this is a good resource for suppliers in the UK

Paleo Directory - Primal Britain
    Thanks mate

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Found the meat supplier site

it's Somerset not Devon doh!