Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: It feels so wrong eating...... page 2

sbhikes is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    How do you feel? Do you feel better or worse? Better energy or worse? Better concentration, better appetite control or worse? How's your digestion? Farting less?
    Female, 5'3", 49, Starting weight: 163lbs. Current weight: 135 (more or less).
    Starting squat: 45lbs. Current squat: 180 x 2. Current Deadlift: 230 x 2

I don't know why people assume Primal means you have to eat bacon and eggs every morning. As mentioned, try a fruit smoothie; eat fruit; have some fish (smoked salmon, kippered herring); skip breakfast, and do an IF until lunch; have a non-traditional breakfast (some chicken, or a steak, or a baked potato). There are really tons of things you can eat, and if you do eat eggs, there's nothing to say you have to have bacon or other meat with them: throw a bunch of veggies in the skillet with your eggs.

Oatmeal and grains (toast, pancakes, bagels, cereal) are filler foods of no value, IMO. Cows are fed grains to fatten them more quickly. If you think that's a healthy paradigm, God bless ya. I'll take a deconstructed lox bagel any time: smoked salmon, tomatoes, cucumber, some dill, a little cream cheese or goat cheese... and hold the bagel.

zilog is offline Senior Member
    I'm not convinced that eating (heavily processed) bacon every day is good for you. The guy above ^^^ has basically said exactly what I was going to say though, so I'll leave it at that.

eKatherine is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by zilog View Post
    I'm not convinced that eating (heavily processed) bacon every day is good for you. The guy above ^^^ has basically said exactly what I was going to say though, so I'll leave it at that.
    Agree. I have two or more types of cooked and ready-to-eat meat in the refrigerator at all times. Right now there is pork shoulder, pot roast, and chicken in broth. Plus cheese. This morning I had a slice of beef with a spoonful of cream.

Silvergirl is offline Senior Member
    Ahhhh! I miss my oatmeal..... I used to make it with half milk and a grated apple, cinnamon and vanilla. The apple and cinnamon made it sweet enough.
    I now have bacon and fried banana pretty much every day.....it is delish, but I miss my oatmeal. LOL

I think you will feel better about it all as your energy level increases and stabilizes and your weight drops. If your body is telling you it is right, I say believe it
    Starting Primal June 2012 at 148.5lbs, goal weight in November 2012.
    Now 95lbs and holding.
    Primal, minus eggs, dairy and a myriad of other allergens.

Stacy15 is online now Senior Member
    I've been eating bacon and eggs almost everyday, and sometimes twice a day for last 8 months. I eat a LOT of bacon and eggs. Like posters said above, I'm not sure bacon is the healthiest option. What it is for me is filling, easy, and I love it! One day I might slow down on it, but not yet. I'm losing weight and inches, and feel fabulous!

The other thing that eased my mind was having my cholesterol checked a few weeks ago. I was a little worried about what results would show with all that bacon I've ate, but my numbers were awesome! Best they have ever been! Much better then when I was eating low-fat and daily bowls of oatmeal.

Katsuhiko the Rolfer is offline Senior Member
    yeah, I dont eat preserved meats at all

fresh for me so steak and eggs is my usual breakky

marcusp is offline Member
    all good stuff guys, im doing IF tomorrow and just missing breakfast as im stuffed just had beef cubes seasoned with cummin and mixed veggies stir fried with virgin coconut oil...

still not sure if im eating to much though

marcusp is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by sbhikes View Post
    How do you feel? Do you feel better or worse? Better energy or worse? Better concentration, better appetite control or worse? How's your digestion? Farting less?
    Hey yeah actually I am farting less :-)

im feeling full although today quite bloated

I had eggs and bacon for breakfast

two cajun burgers and onions fried in olive oil for lunch

and beef cubes seasoned with cummin and sea salt and pepper with mixed salad fried in virgin coconut oil

im stuffed thinking of fasting tomorrow and missing out breakfast

cheers

marcus

Katsuhiko the Rolfer is offline Senior Member
    nope, as long as you feel satisfied but not stuffed then you are eating enough

cutting carbs will mean you feel full faster and your portions might get smaller - keep adding that lovely fat to everything

when you get used to it you will automatically adjust portion size, eat slower than normal and stop when you feel satisfied

remember, you can eat more later if you get hungry again, stick with it and you will see and feel the benefit

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast