Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Your go to chicken marinades? page

Brent* is offline Senior Member

Your go to chicken marinades?

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I'm curious what you guys are putting on your chicken to marinade it (or dry rub)? I'm trying to change it up a bit and really like bbq flavor (though don't like any spice). Wish I knew the exact chipotle restaurant chicken marinade but so many are floating around on the internet and not many have great reviews.

Any recipes would be appreciated.

Thanks!

lemontwisst is offline Senior Member
    I make my own kind of teriyaki - equal parts balsamic vinegar and liquid aminos (coconut aminos, tamari, anything like that), usually 1/4 c. of each depending on how much chicken I'm marinating. Then add a few cloves minced garlic, 1/4 tsp or so dried ginger, red pepper flakes, black pepper, some green onions and a splash each of sesame oil and rice vinegar. Yum.

Another one I like is mixing together maple syrup and dijon mustard...more mustard than maple syrup (sorry, I hardly ever use measurements, I just dump stuff together, taste and adjust). This is amazing on drumsticks when you grill 'em. Works wonders on pork tenderloin, too

eKatherine is offline Senior Member
    My all-purpose dry rub is kosher salt, freshly-ground black pepper, and Korean crushed red pepper. If I want to get fancy about it I will add red pepper sauce, crushed garlic, and olive oil.

little vase is online now Senior Member
    My ab fab for boneless skinless breasts is a dry rub of smoked paprika, salt, pepper, and onion powder. Just sear them up nice in a cast iron skillet and grate fresh lemon zest on them after you let them rest for a few minutes. Zing!

0Angel0 is offline Senior Member
    I like brined chicken even better than marinated. I fill my big bowl with water, add salt till it's salty like the sea, then sometime garlic, lemon, peppercorns, whatever I want. I soak a whole chicken for about 5 hours, an hour or two for pieces.

Before I started brining my go to marinade was olive oil, lemon juice, red wine vinegar, tomato paste, garlic, basil, oregano, salt and pepper. This is really good on grilled chicken.

JillMinks is offline Junior Member
    This sounds like it would make a good jerky recipe too! Yum!

+1 for brining. Especially for breasts which tend to dry out. Some of the juiciest breasts you will ever have save for cooking sous vide.

Sambo712 is offline Senior Member
    Brining for the win. Alton Brown told me to do this a year ago, and once trying it I never looked back. Wouldn't say that is changed my life, but it definitely change my attitude towards chicken breasts.

little vase is online now Senior Member
    I never thought of brining chicken breasts even though I do brine turkey. Thanks for the tip! I'm brining some breasts right now.

healthy11 is offline Senior Member
    Bubbie's pickle juice (after I've eaten all the pickles) ... didn't want to waste the juice with probiotics so googled it and you can use it to marinate chicken or to make salad dressings.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast