Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Your go to chicken marinades? page 2

PrimalMama is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    I don't eat that much chicken, but...

I like to rub chicken w/some dried thyme and rosemary soaked in olive oil and lemon juice (so they rehydrate) with a bit of salt, pepper, fresh chopped garlic and serranos (not if you don't like heat) - rub all over, stuff the chunks under the skin (YUM!)

I like to marinate with some or all of the following: ginger, garlic, scallions, onions, lime/lemon juice, apple cider vinegar, evoo, toasted sesame oil, the inedible parts of a pineapple (they still have lots of flavor to impart even if they're too tough to eat), dijon mustard, coconut aminos, liquid smoke, worcestershire sauce... sky's the limit... I usually just wing it (hah, chicken humour!) with whatever I have in the fridge.

I'm pretty sure the chipotle chicken is just chipotle or ancho chili peppers, cumin, oregano, garlic, onion, and oil... I think it's a paste that they pour/rub on and let it sit overnight.

I'm still trying to figure out how to get halal truck (NYC street food) chicken or lamb out of my kitchen... that's my next adventure in seasoning

Egerland is offline Senior Member
    Try marinating chicken in lemon juice and finely minced onion overnight. It's particularly good finished in a Weber grill!

sakura_girl is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Rosemary, garlic and dijon
    Balsamic and olive oil
    Soy sauce and maple syrup with a pre-dunk in rice flour

And don't forget...WRAPPED WITH BACON

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12