Limited Time: Grab your FREE Box of Dark Chocolate Almond Bars Get Yours>>Close
Open

Thread: I've decided to do the Crossfit Bodyweight WOD 3-4 times a week. Good idea?

Threaded View

I've decided to do the Crossfit Bodyweight WOD 3-4 times a week. Good idea?

I'm poor. No funds for a globo-gym and especially no funds for a Crossfit box. Also no room and no money for equipment. Not even equipment I can build myself. I have a newborn son that will be 4 weeks old next Tuesday. So the funds go to him and raising him.
    I do have a a pull up/dip station here in my house. I bought this from Craigslist last year after the tax refund.

I remembered the WOD from Crossfit. I now have the app on my phone called The WOD Shop. So now when I work out I just do the bodyweight WOD. Well the best of my ability. I'm not in the best shape right now.

Unfortunately I know Mark's PBF says to lift heavy. But not sure how I can lift heavy in a small space and without weights. Right now the three of us rent the mother-in-law's house. We plan on moving later this year to a apartment or a condo. Not sure which one yet.

So is this a good idea or a bad idea? If it's good or bad please tell me why. There are a lot of people here on these forums that I respect and have more knowledge when it comes to fitness.
    Last edited by linuxguy0481; 04-04-2013 at 03:28 PM.