I can relate. When I started crossfit, I could barely move for 3 days following a workout. After months of this hell, I made two significant changes and the results are amazing. I am rarely sore now, and have increased my workouts to 4-5 x per week.
The changes I made:
1. :15 min before fasted workout, take 15grams of BCAA
2. The hour after your workout, take another 15 grams of BCAA
3. Remaining in a fasted state, take another 15grams of BCAA in the 2nd hour after your workout.
4. In the 3rd hour, post workout, begin your feeding window.
5. Lastly, I increased my protein from 50grams per day to 140-160 grams of protein every day (workout and non workout days).
Since making these changes, I can't believe the difference in recovery time. The odd time that I get sore, it is minor and I rebound from it pretty fast. I'm at the stage where I'll start doing two workouts a day within the next few months.
F, 48, 5'10"
Start Date: 25-06-12 @ 161lbs
Goal Reached: 30-09-12 @ 143lb. Now bouncing between 145lb - 149lb. I'd like less bounce and more consistency :-)
Started Cross Fit 20.12.12 ---- Can't wait to submit my success story on the 1st anniversary of starting primal.