Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: "Paleo" meat vs. regular meat page 2

Katsuhiko the Rolfer is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    I eat loads of different cabbages, I absolutely love them, black pepper and butter hmmmmm nice

makes meat go much further if you eat loads of greens and they fill you up

RichMahogany is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by merryish View Post
    if you're broke and paleo, eggs are your best friend.
    Amen, sister!

Katsuhiko the Rolfer is offline Senior Member
    I struck lucky and found a great cheap source of eggs through a church hall, them get them off a farm nearby, totally organic, corn free and dirt cheap - 40% cheaper than battery eggs in the supermarket, long may it continue as I;m eating about 24 a week

that;s the kind of deal that can make money go much further if you can find it

likewise my beef supplier chucks a few lbs of butter in my box because he knows I cook with it and add it to the meat, saves me a good few pounds a week

tough doing paleo on a budget

Sandra in BC is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by Zackmoses View Post
    I know that the ideal for paleo is grass fed organic meat. Or atleast thats what I seem to recall at this time.

That stuff is rather expensive though. How much of a problem is it if I'm eating regular meat instead? What about just organic?

How can I be more cost effective on meat?
    You've been eating 'regular' meat this long...its not the worst thing in your diet. Removing seed oils, and refined foods made with them, will balance your O3/O6 better than just switching to grass fed/organic. Switching to all 'paleo' meat is just tweaking, like organic vs non organic veggies. Eat it when you can get it, and don't sweat it when you can't.

However...we eat mostly our own game meat, and lots of grassfed, drug-free beef because we have access to it. The key to saving money is not buying little bits at a time...its buying a 1/4, 1/2 or whole animal cut and wrapped and putting it in your freezer. You'll pay less per pound for all cuts this way, than buying the cheapest cuts of grass fed meat at retail, one cut at a time. Last night's beef tenderloin cost the same as the hamburgers the night before.
    Sandra
    *My obligatory intro

There are no cheat days. There are days when you eat primal and days you don't. As soon as you label a day a cheat day, you're on a diet. Don't be on a diet. ~~ Fernaldo

DAINTY CAN KISS MY PRIMAL BACKSIDE. ~~ Crabcakes

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12