Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Cellulite.... page 3

2Rae is offline Junior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Your body sounds similar to mine. I have the same irritating issue. Lately I've been brushing as well, hopeful for some change. I need to start a bit more regular exercise to augment my healthy eating. Baby steps I guess.

becks83 is offline Member
    I have a body brush now but am still too sporadic about using it...I genuinely forget :-/ even though it's in front of me in the bathroom....I think I have tunnel vision sometimes, I never leave myself enough time to just do it. How long do people do it for, by the way? I was going for 2-3 mins, concentrating mainly on my thighs/backside but including everywhere else too.

Cathartes is offline Member
    Here are my initial thought, tell me what you think:

If it's a lymphatic issue, improving the lymphatic circulation would improve it (ie dry brushing).

If it's an issue with the connective fibers not holding the cells in place adequately, eating to promote collagen growth would probably help.

Cellulite is also related to estrogen--men tend not to have it, and if they do, it turns out that they have low androgen levels and high estrogen levels

I'm going to go consult Dr. Google and see what I turn up.
    Last edited by Cathartes; 06-09-2013 at 12:25 PM.

Cathartes is offline Member
    Based on what I found in various dermatology/medical journals, hormonal birth control and estrogen dominance increases the emergence of cellulite, and circulation of both the capillaries and the lymphatics plays a role, as tissue edema contributes to the presence of cellulite. Inactivity is also a factor, probably because exercise encourages circulation of blood and lymph.

Hormonal birth control also tends to make ladies retain more water weight, so that may be a factor.

The basic story, as we already knew, is that no one has a magic bullet to treat it, and 85 percent of women have it.

Fantazmic is offline Member
    I found changing to Primal has helped my cellulite enormously....it sort of got worse as I lost weight as everything left in pockets.....I'm still left with some on my bum but my thighs and upper arms are much better especially since I have done skin brushing......but get a dimple brush rather than a conventional bristle brush and rub hard.....it does help.

bhanes is offline Member
    I've come across this information when my daughter became pregnant. There are so many benifits to gelatin (high quality). I copied this info from Primally Inspired.com search gelatin, she has more info on it there. I gave my daughter a canister and I have been using it for about a month now, Haven't seen cellulite go away yet but my hair and nails are going crazy.

There are so many benefits from eating gelatin and collagen – and it’s not just for pregnant women or those wanting to get rid of cellulite. Let me highlight just a few of the major benefits:

•Powerful anti-inflammatory with almost immediate relief from joint pain, similar to taking cortisol or aspirin.
    •Good source of protein (7-12 grams per tablespoon) and amino acids.
    •Improves digestion by making it easier for the food to pass through the digestive system. It also soothes and heals the digestive track.
    •Strengthens bones and joints so it’s wonderful for growing children and those with brittle bones and joint pain.
    •Helps hair and nail strength and growth.
    •Helps our immune function.
    •Helps regulate our weight by boosting our metabolism.

becks83 is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Cathartes View Post
    Hormonal birth control also tends to make ladies retain more water weight, so that may be a factor.
    I did notice mine got worse when I was switched to Dianette years ago for 6 months, because that's a really strong pill. I have been on Yasmin for years, and tbh I'd rather not use it but I can't quite bring myself to ditch it yet. I don't want to risk pregnancy at the mo and I like the way it makes my periods predictable. I used to be so irregular.

bhanes - that's really interesting about gelatin. How do you use it, in recipes etc?

kathleen is offline Senior Member
    I'm assuming gelatin, as in *not* Jell-O. But can you make 'healthy' jello, I wonder?
    Stumbled into Primal due to food allergies, and subsequent elimination of non-primal foods.

Start Gluten-Free/Soy-Free: December 2012; start weight 158lbs, Ladies size 6
    Start Primal: March 2013, start weight 150lbs, Ladies size 6
    Current: 132lbs, Ladies size 2
    F/23/5'9"

26lbs lost since cutting the crap.

YogaBare is offline Senior Member
    Here are my initial thought, tell me what you think:

If it's a lymphatic issue, improving the lymphatic circulation would improve it (ie dry brushing).

If it's an issue with the connective fibers not holding the cells in place adequately, eating to promote collagen growth would probably help.

Cellulite is also related to estrogen--men tend not to have it, and if they do, it turns out that they have low androgen levels and high estrogen levels
    I think that's a really good summation

Don't forget that those bills are basically little oestrogen bombs...
    "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

- Ray Peat

RichMahogany is online now Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by kathleen View Post
    I'm assuming gelatin, as in *not* Jell-O. But can you make 'healthy' jello, I wonder?
    Jell-o is just a brand of sweetened, flavored gelatin. I buy the NOW Foods brand, but a lot of people here swear by the Great Lakes stuff. I just dissolve a teaspoon or so in my morning coffee. You can hardly taste it. If you put it in the fridge, it will harden just like Jell-o.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast