Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Cellulite.... page 2

becks83 is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by eKatherine View Post
    I remember having cellulite even as a skinny-fat teenager. It looks like it's gone now. Build muscle and lose fat. I haven't consumed much PUFAs for years, nor gluten. But there's really no way of knowing whether that was a factor.
    I have pretty muscly legs, I do seem to build muscle very quickly, but obviously there is this layer of fat covering and annoyingly it's that fat that us women struggle to shift :-/
    My gut has been playing up again recently too, so definitely looking into being a bit stricter and including more fermented foods in my diet. Been taking a probiotic for a long time which helps but not convinced it's really healing anything, just keeping the worst from happening!

kimlika is offline Junior Member
    I have been primal for three months now, and my cellulite is definitely much better!
    I'm convinced that this is hormonal related. I've had PCOS and hormonal imbalance since I was a teenager. Cellulites appeared at the same time, and nothing I've ever done helped. Even when I was eating low-calorie vegetarian diet - I was so thin I looked emaciated, but all my cellulite was still sitting there. I tried pretty gruelling exercise routines, massage, creams, oils - nothing helped.

After I went gluten free 2 years ago, my health improved A LOT - but my hormonal related symptoms remained. Now, after 3 months primal, I can see that it is much better. It is a slow process, though. After a month of primal eating I noticed that my skin is visibly smoother, and I lost 2 inches from my thighs. Then the progress seemed to stall for a month or so. Then suddenly it began again, very quickly - I noticed a lot of my cellulite gone in a matter of days. Now it seems to stall again, but I just try to be patient.
    It is the same pattern as with my acne - it is much better, but the process is slow, and sometimes it seems like nothing's happening, but then suddenly I see big improvement.

YogaBare is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by kimlika View Post
    I have been primal for three months now, and my cellulite is definitely much better!
    I'm convinced that this is hormonal related. I've had PCOS and hormonal imbalance since I was a teenager. Cellulites appeared at the same time, and nothing I've ever done helped. Even when I was eating low-calorie vegetarian diet - I was so thin I looked emaciated, but all my cellulite was still sitting there. I tried pretty gruelling exercise routines, massage, creams, oils - nothing helped.
    I've come to the same conclusion now. It's possibly due to excess oestrogen.
    "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

- Ray Peat

dkJames is offline Senior Member
    I told my wife a while back: maybe if you want to get rid of your subcutaneous fat, you must do something that you are not so used to do, and stick to it every day, like:

- instead of shopping food for a week, shop only what you need for your main meal of the day, a sort of micro-shopping
    - go the supermarket or where we usually buy our fresh produce by foot and carry the bags yourself back home

The idea is to emulate the daily search for food of olden days which required lots of walking and carrying. And make sure you don't have any left-overs after your last meal so you can do it again the day after.

She liked the idea but never did it ... so her fat blubber on her thighs is still around - which to be honest I kind of enjoy

becks83 is offline Member
    interesting idea dkJames! I already do this though....I walk to and from work each day (approx 5 miles total) and usually pick up my shopping on an almost daily basis on the way home. I also do sprint type exercise but alas nothing seems to shift cellulite! I think the hormone idea is bang on....I don't see another logical explanation!

I don't have an advice, I just must mention this quote It's not cellulite, it's my body's way of saying "I'm sexy"....... in braille.
    Everything changes, but nothing is truly lost. - Neil Gaiman

My journal
    iHerb.com code LBN037 - $10 off your first purchase

Rueben is offline Senior Member
    I'm 47 and over weight and have still improved my cellulite alot through increasing the circulation to the area - skin brushing and using an infrared sauna suit. It is definitely a lymphatic problem. Thats why primal helps because grains tend to make people retain water.

If you have had cellulite for many years you will be able to feel those lumps in there - so its going to take a bit of dedication to get rid of it. I have also heard vitamin e, glucosamine, and lecithin (primal?) is good for the connective tissue. So increase the blood flow to the skin. I used to have this cream that used to literally make my skin red and tingly - worked well... Can't remember what it was called now...

Stacy15 is offline Senior Member
    Anyone tried coffee wraps for cellulite? Warm coconut oil & coffee grounds and rub on legs, wrap in plastic for 20 minutes. 2-3x week for weeks supposed to reduce the appearance.... People claim it works, so I'm trying it. I have done 2x now and don't notice a difference, but holy cow SOFT SILKY legs! If I plan on having the legs on display I will take the 20 minutes to wrap them first cause cellulite might not have been gone - but they did look good.

kathleen is offline Senior Member
    I only have it on my butt. I don't understand why. It irratates the hell out of me. And I wear a US 4, so it's not like I have that much fat on my butt. My butt is flat and tiney, no shape to it. Why oh why did my body have to put cellulite there, of all places? Bikini season is approaching...
    Stumbled into Primal due to food allergies, and subsequent elimination of non-primal foods.

Start Gluten-Free/Soy-Free: December 2012; start weight 158lbs, Ladies size 6
    Start Primal: March 2013, start weight 150lbs, Ladies size 6
    Current: 132lbs, Ladies size 2
    F/23/5'9"

26lbs lost since cutting the crap.

lemontwisst is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by kathleen View Post
    I only have it on my butt. I don't understand why. It irratates the hell out of me. And I wear a US 4, so it's not like I have that much fat on my butt. My butt is flat and tiney, no shape to it. Why oh why did my body have to put cellulite there, of all places? Bikini season is approaching...
    Do all the squats you can and then do some more...give that bum some shape and fill it out with muscle and I'm sure the cellulite will be long gone, or at least far less noticeable.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast