Thread: Priobiotic Recs? page

pipermaru is offline Junior Member

Priobiotic Recs?

Primal Fuel
    Can anyone recommend a good probiotic supplement?

Have been suffering from IBS for a few years, suspect Celiac and possibly Leaky Gut play a role...

Thanks

bro0kiebaby is offline Member
    **BUMP**

Yes, I'll be keeping my eyes on this thread as well. Thanks guys!!
    Yesterday is History
    Tomorrow's a Mystery ~ Today is a Gift...
    That is why they call it THE PRESENT

Tara tootie is offline Senior Member
    I like to take kefir, but also love Renew Life!!! I get it at the Health Food Store and there are lots of different varieties.
    Life on Earth may be punishing, but it includes an annual free trip around the sun!

Stabby is offline Senior Member
    I use this one; it's great. http://naturalfactors.com/ca/en/prod...ulti-probiotic

Definitely get something that has a lot of strains that have actually been demonstrated to be beneficial, and from a reputable company. A lot of the time many of the little guys are dead before they reach your gut.
    Stabbing conventional wisdom in its face.

Anyone who wants to talk nutrition should PM me!

pipermaru is offline Junior Member
    Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by Stabby View Post
    I use this one; it's great. http://naturalfactors.com/ca/en/prod...ulti-probiotic

Definitely get something that has a lot of strains that have actually been demonstrated to be beneficial, and from a reputable company. A lot of the time many of the little guys are dead before they reach your gut.

Sharonll is offline Senior Member
    I drink from 4-8 oz of kombucha every day and it has completely resolved a myriad of digestive problems I suffered from for years. I began drinking it regularly about 6 weeks ago, and now make it myself. It's quite simple and a lot of fun to see the kombucha mother do her thing.

I was still doubting its effectiveness, but 3 days ago my supply ran low. Rather than buying a commercial product for the interim, I was waiting for my newest batch to be ready. Succintly, I began having serious problems this morning. I strained a glassful of kombucha from my latest batch and drank it, and within an hour my problems were over. I am now a firm believer in kombucha. If you're interested in this totally natural product, here is the quite informative Wikipedia article: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kombucha

kimmie is offline Senior Member
    My gastro recommends Align probitioc. I've taken it after catching a pathogen while traveling and it made a world of difference. It took about two months to make things completely normalize.

MalPaz is offline Senior Member
    kombucha- i see this stuff at the farmers market all the time... what is it?? like whey water from strained yogurt?

Sharonll is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MalPaz View Post
    kombucha- i see this stuff at the farmers market all the time... what is it?? like whey water from strained yogurt?
    No, it is definitely not whey water. Here is the quite informative Wikipedia article: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kombucha

MalPaz is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    thanks readin it now!!