Thread: How did you deal with your frustrations? page

goinggrok is offline Senior Member

How did you deal with your frustrations?

Please tell me how you dealt with your frustrations when you didn't see the weight coming off. How did you stay motivated and when did it hit you that this really was working?

Need some confidence boost here....the scale isn't being kind and I haven't noticed a change of body shape, other than a bit of a flatter stomach.

Thanks

Madam is offline Junior Member
    Have you measured yourself with a tape? I've had to really back off the scale because it was ruling my life for a while. If I had lost weight I was elated, but if I hadn't, it ruined my day and depressed me. I found that a measuring tape gave me a better idea of body changes. Remember, the scale isn't the only or even the best marker of health! How you look, feel, sleep, and fit in your clothes are so important!

Hang in there!

upupandaway is offline Senior Member
    List some of the other positive changes which have taken place - e.g. balanced blood sugar, faster recovery time from exercise, more energy, no more afternoon slump, clearer skin.

Gladmorning is offline Senior Member
    Tell yourself this "I no longer live a lifestyle to support obesity." If you're truly primal, watching carbs and calories, the weight will move (are you sure your hormones are in balance, too?) Remember, it takes a lot of time. This is coming from someone in the same boat. Don't fret- just go with it.
    The process is simple: Free your mind, and your ass will follow.

magnolia1973 is online now Senior Member
    I tell myself that I actually get to eat food I enjoy and the weight loss will come. It's easy to be patient when steak and bacon are staples.

http://maggiesfeast.wordpress.com/
    Check out my blog. Hope to share lots of great recipes and ideas!

Sandra in BC is offline Senior Member
    A little self acceptance goes a long way.

I didn't get fat overnight, or on a perfect arc, and its not going to come off that way either.

I don't weigh or measure myself...I let my clothes tell the real truth.

When you eat for optimal health, *weight* becomes less of a priority. I am content right now knowing that how I eat is supporting my health and longevity, regardless of the size of my clothes.
    Sandra
    *My obligatory intro

There are no cheat days. There are days when you eat primal and days you don't. As soon as you label a day a cheat day, you're on a diet. Don't be on a diet. ~~ Fernaldo

DAINTY CAN KISS MY PRIMAL BACKSIDE. ~~ Crabcakes

goinggrok is offline Senior Member
    Thank you all....I appreciate your insight and your thoughts and positive words.
    Having been large all my life...well you can understand why weight loss is important.
    I know its a journey not a sprint (those come later lol) but damn frustrating when I do have an off day or weekend maybe once a month if that...I seem to pay for it forever (scale wise that is)
    I guess patience is the virtue I need to practice!

Thank you all once again

JoanieL is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    First, I have never thought that just eating nutritionally sound is an instant magic pill for obesity. Whether emotional or something in our gut (see some of the newer mouse/gastric bypass results), and looking at the number of people who remain thin on SAD, the whole "eating healthy will make you thin," just doesn't wash for me. Eating healthy will make you healthy.

Having been down the low carb road before, and having known a lot of people who did this when Atkins first came out with his books, I heard over and over again that it worked for ~40 pounds, then calories came back into the picture.

If possible, maybe have your thyroid tested. Some doctors are becoming much more savvy in this area. Also, if you're on any medications, check with your doctor to see if they are interfering with your weight loss goals in any way.

Don't get discouraged, but do be your own science experiment and switch out foods, timing of meals, exercise, etc., to see what works for you. Good luck!
    "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.