Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Peppermint Oil page 2

Drumroll is offline Senior Member
    Actually, a decrease in SHBG is GOOD. Less SHBG means more bioavailable free T that isn't bound up. ONLY free T can be used by the body for anything useful. Total T levels is basically a useless measure. You want to measure free T if you want to get any sort of useful measure in available testosterone levels.

Bobert is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Drumroll View Post
    Actually, a decrease in SHBG is GOOD. Less SHBG means more bioavailable free T that isn't bound up. ONLY free T can be used by the body for anything useful. Total T levels is basically a useless measure. You want to measure free T if you want to get any sort of useful measure in available testosterone levels.
    The Effects of Transdermal Dihydrotestosterone in the Aging Male: A Prospective, Randomized, Double Blind Study

I agree with what you are saying, and correct me if I am wrong. But the % decrease of T v SHBG is signifigant towards the T side. Meaning it is still crushing your T verse the other levels. I am looking at 0-3 month change. At 6 everything goes to almost normal.

Drumroll is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bobert View Post
    The Effects of Transdermal Dihydrotestosterone in the Aging Male: A Prospective, Randomized, Double Blind Study

I agree with what you are saying, and correct me if I am wrong. But the % decrease of T v SHBG is signifigant towards the T side. Meaning it is still crushing your T verse the other levels. I am looking at 0-3 month change. At 6 everything goes to almost normal.
    All I know is that it is possible to have total T levels go down, meaning your body is producing less testosterone, but SHBG also goes down and what is left is a net GAIN in free T so even though T totals have gone down the T actually available to the body has risen and you will still increase your androgenic potential as a result.

november is offline Member
    I've found that enteric coated peppermint oil capsules work great for IBS. Be careful with the liquid essential oils if you want to take it internally--they can be really strong, I once made the mistake of putting a drop of aromatherapy-use essential peppermint oil into tea once and had terrible stomach cramps/diarrhea. I can't say that I noticed any fitness benefits while I was taking the peppermint capsules, but I wasn't really looking for that specifically. That reminds me I should order some more...thankfully my IBS has improved to the point where I don't usually need medication for it, but for a while the peppermint capsules were the only thing keeping me off Bentyl or even prednisone.

NZ primal Gwamma is offline Senior Member
    Hi Guys - I suffer periodically from aura migraines and I have found as soon as I feel an aura coming on - I drink about a litre of water and put peppermint oil on the back of my neck. The cooling effect works really well for my migraines, and other less severe headaches.
    "never let the truth get in the way of a good story "

...small steps....

eKatherine is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    One drop in a 12oz mug of hot water is tasty. With a square of chocolate on the side is even better.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12