Thread: The Lymphatic System page

YogaBare is offline Senior Member

The Lymphatic System

Primal Fuel
    I'm trying to learn about the Lymphatic System, but I haven't had much luck in finding a diagram / video that illustrates the exact pathway of the flow of lymph throughout the body.

If anyone has studied this and can direct me to some good diagrams or videos I'd be really grateful
    "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

- Ray Peat

Zach is offline Banned
    All i know is that it needs to be pumped manually by doing cardiovascular and muscle contracting exercise.

Im also interested in learning more. It seems to be pretty important.

Yeah, I read that the lymph valves open on upwards momentum, and close on downwards movements...

This is one of the better diagrams I found so far, but (as I said above) I'm finding it difficult to learn the exact pathways it takes through the body...

lymphatic-system.jpg
    "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

- Ray Peat

AuroraB is offline Senior Member
    This had some nice diagrams:

http://www.hgs.k12.va.us/Anatomy_and...stem_Chp16.pdf

I remember having a hard time finding decent info on the immune system years ago myself.

Quote Originally Posted by AuroraB View Post
    This had some nice diagrams:

http://www.hgs.k12.va.us/Anatomy_and...stem_Chp16.pdf

I remember having a hard time finding decent info on the immune system years ago myself.
    These are great Aurora - thanks!

Yeah, I think the way to learn about lymph might be through massage / Chinese Medicine sites...

- Ray Peat

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Found one!!! This is an excellent blog post, detailing the info I was hoping for (don't be put off by the site name...)

Ajit Vadakayil: YOGA AND AYURVEDIC MASSAGE FOR DRAINING LYMPH NODES- CAPT AJIT VADAKAYIL

- Ray Peat