Thread: Hair changing color?! page

TornadoGirl is offline Senior Member

Hair changing color?!

Primal Fuel
    Interestingly, my hair seems to be changing color. I think I was severely malnourished from lack of HCL for several years without realizing it and wondered if this was why my hair went gray so fast, among other things. Now it appears to be growing in light brown or dark blonde after a couple of months of primal eating. I'm in a bit of disbelief at the moment and keep thinking I'm imagining things. My hair used to be medium brown with red highlights. Hmmm, what to do? I recently started coloring with henna and indigo so not sure what to do until this grows out.
    True healthcare reform starts in your kitchen, not in Washington. ~Anonymous
    The worst carrot is better than the best candybar.--TornadoGirl

Khainag is offline Member
    My hair has been growing in thicker!
    SAD makes me MAD (a journal about Mongolian food and living with mullings on struggles with GERD, IBS and acne)http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread66073.html

Little Women is offline Member
    My mom's hair was auburn, but when it started to go "gray," it just got lighter and lighter brown. If you are going back to having color in your hair, it might be a lighter shade than it used to be.

jammies is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TornadoGirl View Post
    Interestingly, my hair seems to be changing color. I think I was severely malnourished from lack of HCL for several years without realizing it and wondered if this was why my hair went gray so fast, among other things. Now it appears to be growing in light brown or dark blonde after a couple of months of primal eating. I'm in a bit of disbelief at the moment and keep thinking I'm imagining things. My hair used to be medium brown with red highlights. Hmmm, what to do? I recently started coloring with henna and indigo so not sure what to do until this grows out.

Do you supplement with HCL or has primal eating alone been enough to improve your digestion? How did you know if you needed to supplement?
    Using low lectin/nightshade free primal to control autoimmune arthritis. (And lost 50 lbs along the way )

http://www.krispin.com/lectin.html

TornadoGirl is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I read something about symptoms of low HCL, had many of them, and did the test where you take HCL capsules and see if you get a warming sensation. I never had a warming sensation even with 7 capsules. I am trying to remember to take the HCL capsules regularly and to increase my probiotic foods to help with this.
    True healthcare reform starts in your kitchen, not in Washington. ~Anonymous
    The worst carrot is better than the best candybar.--TornadoGirl