I don't expect many people to read this journal, but I wanted to make my commitment to the Primal Blueprint public to a) keep myself accountable and b) motivate myself to stick with it this time

I guess I'll start with a little bit about myself.

I'm 21 years old. I'm a female. I'm a college student in one of the northern U.S. states. I love food, I don't especially love exercise. In fact, if I'm honest with myself I put it off a lot of the time. Furthermore, if I'm even more honest, a big reason I want to go primal and STAY primal is, as Mark says, "to look good naked." Sure, better health is a major plus too, but I really want to feel comfortable in my own skin again, as I did when I was 125 pounds.

I'm about 5'4", and as of this morning I weigh 149.2 pounds. I have what I consider to be a large frame. Very broad shoulders (makes buying shirts a pain in the arse), relatively broad hips (which gives me a rather unshapely booty, boo!), and a large rib cage. My body fat is very evenly distributed, though. I have no "spare tire" and my stomach is actually very flat, I'm just all around a bit bigger than I would like to be. My arms are thick, my legs are thick, my chest is thick, my butt is thick... We all get the picture

I don't have a lot of pictures of myself, as I tend to avoid them, but over this past Easter weekend I had several snapped of me and I really hated what I saw. I looked... bad. My mother insists we are all our own worst critics, and that may be true, but I don't like what I see in those pictures, because I know that's what I look like to everybody around me, although I'm sure most don't really care.

So, here I am, jumping back onto the primal wagon after over a year of scrambling on just to fall off again, over and over and over. This time I'm buckling myself in though I have a beautiful niece that deserves her fit and fun auntie back, and a wonderful boyfriend who deserves his fun loving girlfriend back, and above all, I have myself, who deserves my happiness and confidence back.

I plan on updating this journal every day if possible, with what I eat, what I do for activity, my progress, and of course my thoughts. I'll start with today:

Today was busy for me. I had classes, an exam to study for, and a big project to work on. I didn't exercise, other than walking around my large college campus between classes all day. I had scrambled eggs with bacon for breakfast, a salad with lots of veggies, chicken, a little feta and no dressing for lunch, and some ground beef with peppers and carrots for dinner. I admit that I can be a picky eater, so I repeat the same couple of meals over and over again. Sometimes my meals don't even look like meals; I just cook some meat in a pan and munch on veggies straight from the fridge. I rarely cook anything extravagant, as I usually just don't have the time.

Tomorrow I have classes and work, but I'm making myself a promise right now that I will get a work out in at some point, even if it is short. Anything is better than nothing. I suppose that's enough for now, since this first post is already extremely long. I hope by tomorrow morning some of the extra bloat I've accumulated from eating poorly yesterday will be gone. Only time will tell. Much thanks to anyone who has taken the time to read this