Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Don't know what to do ... page 2

emmie is online now Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Be careful about LISTENING to your body. That works for people who are metabolically 'normal,' but it's been pointed out that anyone with serious weight issues (I was morbidly obese most of my life) cannot rely on this, as our body signals are screwed up.

For example, having lost close to 200 lbs, my body wants to add weight--and is constantly sending me signals to eat more. I am not underweight nor am I losing weight, so I don't need to eat more. It's just that my dysfunctional metabolic system perceives the weight loss as a negative and wants to re-fill those empty fat cells.

Just a caveat for others who may be in similar situations.

kpopstar is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Damiana View Post
    From your user name, I take it you're a k-pop fan too?
    Yes indeed! And I love kdramas too! (do you watch any of those?!) They're my guilty pleasure. But I haven't allowed myself to watch any lately because once I start a series I can't do anything else until its over ... and when they have 26, one hour episodes ... well ... lets just say all productivity goes out the window

Quote Originally Posted by emmie View Post
    Be careful about LISTENING to your body. That works for people who are metabolically 'normal,' but it's been pointed out that anyone with serious weight issues (I was morbidly obese most of my life) cannot rely on this, as our body signals are screwed up.

For example, having lost close to 200 lbs, my body wants to add weight--and is constantly sending me signals to eat more. I am not underweight nor am I losing weight, so I don't need to eat more. It's just that my dysfunctional metabolic system perceives the weight loss as a negative and wants to re-fill those empty fat cells.

Just a caveat for others who may be in similar situations.
    I will SO keep this in mind! Thank you for sharing! At night I'm always telling myself that I'm not actually hungry and I don't need sugar. And surprisingly, the past two nights I've proven to myself that I don't need something 'sweet' to survive. I didn't starve and I actually felt fine. So I have mental wars in my head all the time. HAHA!
    35 yrs
    Pre-Challenge Weight: 219.5

My Journal http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread37214.html

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12