Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Carbs other than Sweet Potatos? page

Lynx33 is offline Member

Carbs other than Sweet Potatos?

Primal Fuel
    Hello, what are some sources of higher carb foods other than sweet potatoes? I have a very low tolerance for foods that taste sweet. The sweetness makes me gag, I almost through up today when finishing some sweet potato with my meal. Is squash as sweet as sweet potatoes?

Kool is offline Senior Member
    Butternut squash is quite savory when roasted

Sandra in BC is offline Senior Member
    White potatoes.
    Sandra
    *My obligatory intro

There are no cheat days. There are days when you eat primal and days you don't. As soon as you label a day a cheat day, you're on a diet. Don't be on a diet. ~~ Fernaldo

DAINTY CAN KISS MY PRIMAL BACKSIDE. ~~ Crabcakes

Timthetaco Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Lynx33 View Post
    I almost through up today when finishing some sweet potato with my meal
    Wha?

I can't say about squash, but white potatoes and rice aren't sweet at all. I've also never had cassava or jicama, but they don't look like they would be sweet.

And this post has made me realize I need to try more foods.

Lynx33 is offline Member
    Oops, I meant I almost vomited. I used the wrong "through"...should have said "threw up"...hehe.
    Quote Originally Posted by Timthetaco View Post
    Wha?

I can't say about squash, but white potatoes and rice aren't sweet at all. I've also never had cassava or jicama, but they don't look like they would be sweet.

And this post has made me realize I need to try more foods.

Paleobird Guest
    If you react badly to sweet tasting foods, perhaps your body is trying to tell you something there.

Maybe you don't need to be eating a lot of carbs. Is there a reason why you are looking for more of them? What are your goals? Weight loss/gain?

firemart is offline Member
    Scotch

magicmerl is offline Senior Member
    Rice, Potatoes, Carrots, Bananas, Pumpkin..... It's not exactly hard to find starchy foods.
    Disclaimer: I eat 'meat and vegetables' ala Primal, although I don't agree with the carb curve. I like Perfect Health Diet and WAPF Lactofermentation a lot.

Griff's cholesterol primer
    5,000 Cal Fat <> 5,000 Cal Carbs
    Winterbike: What I eat every day is what other people eat to treat themselves.
    TQP: I find for me that nutrition is much more important than what I do in the gym.
    bloodorchid is always right

cayla29s is offline Senior Member
    Hello, what are some sources of higher carb foods other than sweet potatoes? I have a very low tolerance for foods that taste sweet. The sweetness makes me gag, I almost through up today when finishing some sweet potato with my meal. Is squash as sweet as sweet potatoes?
    You would be surprise how many veggies out there that are great sources of carbs. I don't find sweet potato sweet at all. I prefer it over white potatoes. You can try spaghetti squash, zucchini, bok choy, broccolli, and bell peppers. Just plug the veggie item you want in a food app so you can see how much carbs it contains. I didn't realize onions has at least 10 g of carbs per 100g until I started tracking my carb intake.

cayla29s is offline Senior Member
    You would be surprise how many veggies out there that are great sources of carbs. I don't find sweet potato sweet at all. I prefer it over white potatoes. You can try spaghetti squash, zucchini, bok choy, broccolli, and bell peppers. Just plug the veggie item you want in a food app so you can see how much carbs it contains. I didn't realize onions has at least 10 g of carbs per 100g until I started tracking my carb intake.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast