Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Eating "six small meals a day", anyone? page 5

Leida is offline Senior Member
    I have nothing against someone finding their own way, but the reason people here have lost respect for conventional wisdom is that it claims universal applicability, while it actually only applies to some cases.
    Claiming the universal applicability for anything in nutrition and exercise is a folly. That applies equally to low fat-high carb diet and a low-carb-high fat diet. The more restrictive is the diet, the less universally applicable it is in my view.

Uh, they don't. That's part of the myth. I saw a documentary on sumo wrestlers. Later in the evening they went out to McDonald's and stuffed themselves with burgers and fries.
    (Shrug) I am quoting what was published as the official training regimen. Before McDonalds was invented and the sport got corrupted, I presume. Even if they stuff themselves on McD's, that makes big 2 meals a day, no?

I also do not find any inconvenience in carrying food around. I keep a carton of egg whites, bring an egg or two in a plastic container & a small box of berries or a grapefruit, and keep a big bag of chopped coleslaw mix in the fridge & a couple of small glass jars, one with light olive oil for drinking, and another - with coconut oil for cooking eggs in micro. Normally there is food left over in the end of the day. If I have time, I will make a smoothie at home and drink it while making breakfast for my folks and packing their lunches, if not, I will throw a container of yogurts and a small carton of berries along with the egg.
    Last edited by Leida; 04-05-2013 at 08:01 AM.
    My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread57916.html
    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be.

eKatherine is offline Senior Member
    I never found it inconvenient to carry food around, though preparing separate meals according the the program I was on turned into a huge grind. Probably the fact that it was low fat hastened my leaving the program, as I can't live with that. I have always been a master of packing food that was the envy of all who saw me eat. There's nothing like a little mason jar full of assorted orange sections (including blood orange) to set the heart a-beating.

I try not to cook separate meals, unless it is something super-fast, like liver and onions or a smoothie. Kindda have to cook separate breakfast for my folks, since each of them like their eggs differently. But since it is 1 dish per frying pan, seems to work fine. I just wish my husband liked omelettes, not scrambled eggs, I always run out of time when mix eggs, no matter how early up I am, it's really weird.

eKatherine is offline Senior Member
    I used to mix the morning's eggs in the blender the night before. Just pour them into the pan. Now I zap them in the microwave in a ceramic dish.

Mixing eggs is not a problem it only takes a sex, it's scrambling them in the pan till they are not wet and are all in small pices. I used to do the pour, cover, turn off and walk away omelettes for my husband, but he wants them scrambled.

YogaBare is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Leida View Post
    Mixing eggs is not a problem it only takes a sex
    "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

- Ray Peat

rodom3000 is offline Junior Member
    I used to do bodybuilding diets and they do in fact work for getting ripped and losing unwanted fat. These diets are your typical 6 meals per day with 2 of them being in the form of shakes. I will say again that they do work for weight loss, but for a lifestyle change they are horrible. When I would eat every 2-3 hours all I would think about all day was food and when my next meal was. For me, eating around 2 meals a day is perfect for fat loss and feeling like i'm not a slave to food any longer. For you, you stated you like grazing so as some others stated, do what makes you happy and your body likes.

Quote Originally Posted by YogaBare View Post
    ha-ha, gotta send this one to hubby, shows where my mind is!!!

YogaBare is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Leida View Post
    ha-ha, gotta send this one to hubby, shows where my mind is!!!
    I love that you were talking about "mixing eggs" as well... talk about adding to the freudian slip!
    "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

- Ray Peat

springnr is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by YogaBare View Post
    .... I don't think I have an alpha bone in my body to be honest... in ancient times I'm sure I would've been the one eating peyote and going into trances (for the good of the tribe, of course )
    You would probably enjoy Phil's Big Book of Health and Fitness. He delves into some reasons one might eat multiple small meals.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast