Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Dandelion root gets me high. WTF? page

Knifegill is offline Senior Member

Dandelion root gets me high. WTF?

Primal Fuel
    Every now and then, I pick a huge dandelion, fridge the greens, pull the stringy roots off of the nice carrot-like main roots, rinse it pretty well, chop it into just-less-than-boiling water and put the lid on for about ten minutes. Then I drink the water and eat the roots. I do this because of how nice and young it makes my skin look, and for the truckload of nutritional/medicinal benefits. I also leave some remnant dirt in the crevices. Drinking the water almost instantly makes me super relaxed and calm, like a drug. It slows my reaction time and makes me not want to look around the room. I often forget about this high until it hits me. Anybody else do this, or notice this?

Turquoisepassion:
    Knifegill is christened to be high carb now!
    notontherug:
    the buttstuff...never interested.
    He gives me Lamprey Kisses in the midnight sea
    Flubby tubby gums latching onto me
    For all that I've done wrong, I mastodon something right...

My pony picture thread http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread82786.html

Lumifer is offline Senior Member
    "Dandelions are also said to be able to repel witches if gathered on Midsummer's Eve. Other magical abilities attributed to dandelions include increasing ones psychic ability and divination when used in a tea."

:-D

slowcooker is offline Senior Member
    Must try this..

primalrob is offline Senior Member
    i have not tried this...yet. i'm curious to see if i have the same reaction.

InSearchOfAbs is offline Senior Member
    Perhaps your dandelion was previously sprayed with Round Up?

Paleobird Guest
    The Teeccino company now has a blend that is made primarily with roasted dandelion root (their other ones had roasted grains). It tastes awesome. I've been drinking it a lot lately but I haven't noticed any buzz.

It is supposed to be very nutritious though. If you were a serious coffee freak looking to wean yourself off, mixing a little of this stuff in your java each day, then a little more, would be a painless way to do it.

Dandelion Dark Roast Herbal Coffee | Teeccino Herbal Coffee / Coffee Alternative

YogaBare is offline Senior Member
    And here I am, buying crack like a fool...
    "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

- Ray Peat

little vase is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by YogaBare View Post
    And here I am, buying crack like a fool...
    I know, right? I have to try this. I've used fresh dandelion leaves and flowers for tea but not the root.

YogaBare is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by little vase View Post
    I know, right? I have to try this. I've used fresh dandelion leaves and flowers for tea but not the root.
    Can you seriously just pick up any ol' dandelion you see growing? (Not that you see many in urban London... now I know why! )
    "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

- Ray Peat

sumacito is offline Junior Member
    gotta try this.. need something to help me relax... I am doing the 21 day primal intro and miss my wine... miss it perhaps a little too much....

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast