Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: No results at gym and I am wondering if they're PB related? page 2

polos26 is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by yodiewan View Post
    I guess I should also add that I am a 5'11" 175lb guy, so you might need slightly less carbs than I eat, although if you are working out really intensely, you might actually need more, who knows.
    Ha! got it! lol I really wasn't planning on downing 2 lbs of potatoes... I think I would go into a food coma for days!
    Loving my primal life

Fernaldo is offline Senior Member
    Honestly, you can go down the potato road, I usually find if I take down a half gallon of ice cream, I bust through sticking points!!!! It does sound like you need to up your carbs. I have horrible results adding weight to the bar when I am low carbing it.
    "The problem with quoting someone on the Internet is, you never know if it's legit" - Abraham Lincoln

quikky is offline Senior Member
    Despite what its founder might advertise, CrossFit is not a strength training program. It is simply too random and unstructured to drive continuous strength adaptation. The reason why many see strength gains when they start CrossFit is due to the Novice Effect (see here). The first thing I would do, if your concern is strength, is to actually switch to a strength program. Once you do that, then we can talk about why you're not gaining strength.

RichMahogany is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by quikky View Post
    Despite what its founder might advertise, CrossFit is not a strength training program. It is simply too random and unstructured to drive continuous strength adaptation. The reason why many see strength gains when they start CrossFit is due to the Novice Effect (see here). The first thing I would do, if your concern is strength, is to actually switch to a strength program. Once you do that, then we can talk about why you're not gaining strength.
    This is both simple and brilliant advice.
    Last edited by RichMahogany; 04-03-2013 at 01:43 PM.

ecole66 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RichMahogany View Post
    This is both simple and brilliant advice.
    Agreed! Plus eat more. Add more food, see if you start gaining fat. If not eat more and so on. Once you start getting a little thicker around the middle drop your calories back just a little and work your ass off in the gym.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12