Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Drinking heavy cream is awesome page 5

Derpamix is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by Gadsie View Post
    How much? Here it's €0,60 per liter but I have to cycle 12 km to a farm and back to get it. And if you eat 1700 calories, your total food expenditure isn't going to be much I think
    FDA unnecessary regulations on raw milk caused a substantial markup in prices. It's like nearly 8 dollars(~6 euro) for half a gallon of raw milk in California
    nihil

cori93437 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Derpamix View Post
    That stuff is expensive as hell
    ?
    Not really.
    I pay $5 a half gallon...and I get my choice of Jersey or Guernsey, I much prefer the Guernsey.

On the other hand if you are making your own orange juice from fresh naval oranges, at the common rate of 1-2 lbs of oranges per cup of juice(oranges vary in juiciness) and Navals were 1.29 per lb this week. That's 1.29-2.58 per cup of juice. And a whopping $10.32-20.63 per half gallon.
    Now that is EXPENSIVE as hell.

I ate an orange yesterday. But I didn't bother juicing the damned thing.
    (I had used the zest in a lovely baked/braised pork recipe the night before.)
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

Derpamix is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by cori93437 View Post
    ?
    Not really.
    I pay $5 a half gallon...and I get my choice of Jersey or Guernsey, I much prefer the Guernsey.

On the other hand if you are making your own orange juice from fresh naval oranges, at the common rate of 1-2 lbs of oranges per cup of juice(oranges vary in juiciness) and Navals were 1.29 per lb this week. That's 1.29-2.58 per cup of juice. And a whopping $10.32-20.63 per half gallon.
    Now that is EXPENSIVE as hell.

I ate an orange yesterday. But I didn't bother juicing the damned thing.
    (I had used the zest in a lovely baked/braised pork recipe the night before.)
    California is more expensive than anywhere else. I've looked everywhere and couldn't find anything cheaper than 7 dollars for half a gallon. Even 5 is way too much for something that doesn't even sustain me for a day. Eating brie or gouda cheese is a much better cost friendly choice, especially when you consider the remarkable amount of k2 in it.

Also, I have a friend with several orange trees in their backyard(his mother loves gardening). I don't pay anything for my oranges. Also, concentrated oj is an option that's cheap as hell too. Fruit is quite costly though, if out of season, but you can easily buy frozen pesticide free choices at trader joe's for pretty cheap.
    nihil

KimchiNinja is online now Senior Member
    I'm in the Philippines working on my tan...

The cities here are nutritional wastelands. Absolutely disgusting. Walked into a mid sized grocery store and there was NO fresh vegetable section.

BUT for some reason they had a liter of Anchor grass-fed heavy whipping cream for 400 pesos. So I have the espresso girl drop a shot in a glass of that each morning for breakfast.

Saved by the cream.

Glenview is offline Member
    Glenview Chocolate Mousse:
    1/4 c. Espresso or leftover coffee
    4 Medjool dates pitted and cut up coarsely
    1/3 c. Baking cocoa
    1 large just-ripe avocado, peeled and pitted
    1 c. organic heavy cream (raw is ok)
    1/3 c. nut butter
    1 Tbs. vanilla extract

Heat the coffee and soak the dates in it for 5-10 minutes. Add the cocoa and mix. It will be sticky and thick. Put the chocolate mix and all other ingredients in a food processor and blend well. Chill and eat. You may need to lick the food processor bowl clean. This is one of the few times I use peanut butter (for Reeses mousse). You can use more coffee for a thinner mousse. It's pretty thick once it chills.

You can use more dates or sweetener; I have no sugar tolerance. You can use real chocolate (melt it in the coffee), or I've used up to 1/2 cup cocoa. You can throw a ripe banana in there. It's pretty forgiving. If you use a more ripe avocado, you can taste avocado, or at least I can.

Enjoy!

Hedonist2 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I do. Not every day, because I am trying to lose weight (fat).
    Ancestral Health Info - My blog about Primal and the general ancestral health movement. Site just remodeled using HTML5/CSS3 instead of Wordpress.

My MDA Friday success story - Stubborn Senior's Testimonial

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345