Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: wow, Whole Foods has really gone down the crapper. page 3

marcadav is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Sprouts (Henry's) is one thing I miss about San Diego. I've gone as far as to ask, when I'm visiting, if they would think about expanding to Oregon.

Trader Joe's came to town last year. I go there for Kerrygold butter. Everything else I've asked about, they don't carry.

JoanieL is offline Senior Member
    National chains like Whole Foods (and Costco, and TJ's which is sadly becoming a nat'l chain) often have a base of products and then a whole lot that are different depending on which location. In CA where trends have a tendency to start or bloom quickly, other stores will compete quickly for the 'healthy' buyer. This may also be true in places like Austin, NYC, Charlotte, etc. In cities where drinking on public streets and partying 'til you puke is the major draw, they are very different. And I guess they should be since they don't really exist to please me, but to please the general populace and generate profit.

Where I think WFoods isn't too big too fail, but is positioned for a big fall is when public awareness becomes such that even the most snooty buyer figures out that WFoods is 80% hype and 20% decent. There has already been one mini scandal of some group filming the employees exclaiming that of course WFoods doesn't carry GMOs while the CEO admitted that you can't have a major grocery store free of GMOs. They've positioned themselves above the fray, and when average folks figure out they aren't, they will see a reduction in customers and stock prices. We all accept that Albertson's, Kroger, etc. are stores where we have to scour the shelves to find healthy; when public awareness is such that most people realize that about WFoods, there will be a loud thud as it falls on its collective ass.

I think of WFoods like the woman who wears wearing a padded bra. A lot of guys won't care, but the guys who wanted to see big yabboes when the blouse came off will. WFoods won't go down the tubes, but when its thin veneer of "healthy" comes off, it will suffer from losing those who shopped there for the snooty, or healthy factor.

And still, I like their cheese section.
    "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

BestBetter is offline Senior Member
    Whole Foods now officially supports Monsanto and GMO crops.

USDA Forces Whole Foods To Accept Monsanto | World Truth. TV

Paleobird Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by BestBetter View Post

Those dirty rotten bastards. See if I ever buy their ridiculously overpriced grass fed beef again.

Derpamix is offline Senior Member
    I always despised Whole Foods. Overpriced, and the nauseating aroma of rancid oils from their food court penetrates my nostrils right when I walk in.

With former Monsanto executives seated at the head of the USDA, it seems like they'll go to no bounds for depopulation.

Never buying Organic Valley shit again
    Longing is the agony of the nearness of the distant

MorganGirl is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BestBetter View Post

Will never shop there again.

JoanieL is offline Senior Member
    I went over to the OV website, and sent them a question about the alfalfa. I'll post the answer I get - they say it should be two business days which will be Tuesday.
    "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Primitiva is offline Member
    I get my grass fed beef at Super Target, lol!

Khainag is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Primitiva View Post
    I get my grass fed beef at Super Target, lol!
    Where's it produced?
    SAD makes me MAD (a journal about Mongolian food and living with mullings on struggles with GERD, IBS and acne)http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread66073.html

MaryIM is offline Member
    I shop at my local WF store about twice a month; as with any grocery store -- I've learned to ignore the unhealthy items they sell.

I regularly buy their wild caught King salmon -- it's the BEST salmon I've found in any store.

I like their house brand of products (the 365 brand) and discovered that their canned albacore tuna is excellent. Hubby and I were preparing dinner and I opened a can of Chicken of the Sea and a can of the WF tuna and the difference in quality was stunning. So now I pay maybe 50 cents more for a can of WF tuna, but that's fine with me.
    I practice yoga (am a yogini) and am also a follower of Grok ... so my journal is Grokini Mary

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread66249.html

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast