Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Bulletproof coffee is AMAZEBALLS! page

BoldAsLove is offline Member

Bulletproof coffee is AMAZEBALLS!

I've jumped on the Bulletproof coffee bandwagon. For the last three days, I've had 1tbsp grassfed butter (not Kerrygold, some Icelandic brand) with my morning coffee. The resulting energy and mental clarity is amazing! During the morning hours I've been completely awake and focused/interested in my work. The feeling is similar to when I used to (ill-advisedly) take adderall as a college kid to pump out 30 page papers overnight - albeit via a much much healthier means. I suppose my body was screaming for MOAR FAT?

JoanieL is offline Senior Member
    Welcome to the dark side.
    "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

FireFinder is offline Senior Member
    I've been thinking about giving this a go too! Do you have this as breakfast, or along with it? And does it matter what coffee you are drinking? (ie: does it need to be organic/pure/perfect etc?)

Quote Originally Posted by FireFinder View Post
    I've been thinking about giving this a go too! Do you have this as breakfast, or along with it? And does it matter what coffee you are drinking? (ie: does it need to be organic/pure/perfect etc?)
    Do a search for the longer thread, there will be more details there. Monday/Tuesday I had mine alone, today I was hungry so I had some eggs with it. I'm not using organic coffee ... just using what the office provides. Also, I haven't been doing a blender since I'm at work, but pouring the hot coffee over the butter in a blender bottle (with a whisk ball) and shaking has been working fine.

JoanieL is offline Senior Member
    I've also done it with coconut oil. The butter goes into solution better, but it seems to also float to the top faster as the coffee cools. Coconut oil becomes frothier but seems to stay in solution better. Just observation because I tend to nurse a cup of coffee rather than chug it.

As with anything primal/paleo, you go with the best you can. I buy organic beans, but I lived for years not worrying about organic stuff. The butter, though, should be pastured imo. Otherwise, you're pretty much just adding a nasty fat to your coffee, and primal does speak to healthy fats.
    "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

otzi Guest
    You don't know AMAZEBALLS until you have had a BP Coffee with a whole stick of Kerrygold butter...please refrain from using the term to describe your watered-down version.

Also, DO NOT say a blender bottle is 'just fine'.

Once you've had a BP coffee made with a whole lotta butta in a real blender, where the foam stands up and tickles your nose, then you will see what I mean.

Quote Originally Posted by otzi View Post
    You don't know AMAZEBALLS until you have had a BP Coffee with a whole stick of Kerrygold butter...please refrain from using the term to describe your watered-down version.

Also, DO NOT say a blender bottle is 'just fine'.

Once you've had a BP coffee made with a whole lotta butta in a real blender, where the foam stands up and tickles your nose, then you will see what I mean.
    Haha I stand corrected! I think I'm going to try 2tb tomorrow. I only mentioned the blender bottle because bringing a blender into my law office may be frowned upon!

Fernaldo is offline Senior Member
    Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!! I love drinking rendered bacon fat. It's AmazeBalls when I go to the bathroom. Don't ruin your coffee by putting butter in it. Well, if your drinking Folgers, by all means!!!!
    "The problem with quoting someone on the Internet is, you never know if it's legit" - Abraham Lincoln

otzi Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by BoldAsLove View Post
    Haha I stand corrected! I think I'm going to try 2tb tomorrow. I only mentioned the blender bottle because bringing a blender into my law office may be frowned upon!
    Just messing with ya...I've used a blender bottle with good results, too. I was using 4-8TBS, though! Gave it up as it was just too much fat for me. Tasty, though!

QT3.14 is offline Junior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I love my morning Bulletproof coffee!!

I use 2 cups of strong black coffee (K-cups Green Mountain Dark Magic), 2 tbsp Kerrygold unsalted, 2tbsp CO and a pinch of cinnamon. I pour some hot coffee over the oils to melt them somewhat, then blend with an Aerolatte until thick and frothy. Add rest of coffee and enjoy.

Delicious, and chock full of energy!!

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast