Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Bulletproof coffee is AMAZEBALLS! page 5

Louisa655 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    I start every morning with my bulletproof coffee. I get out of bed after a restful 10 hour sleep, and run to the coffee maker--- this is truly my comfort food. I'm a crankster if I don't get my BP Cafe!
    ----------------------------------------
    F, 48, 5'10"
    Start Date: 25-06-12 @ 161lbs
    Goal Reached: 30-09-12 @ 143lb. Now bouncing between 145lb - 149lb. I'd like less bounce and more consistency :-)

Started Cross Fit 20.12.12 ---- Can't wait to submit my success story on the 1st anniversary of starting primal.

Gladmorning is offline Senior Member
    I wish I could afford 10 hours of sleep every night. That sounds wonderful. I've made BPC a few times with coconut oil. It's pretty good, but I'm too lazy to use my blender and clean it every morning. I put cream in my coffee and call it good. I do an ADF protocol. Can't honestly say I care if 100 cals of cream in the morning technically breaks my fast.
    The process is simple: Free your mind, and your ass will follow.

The Rebooted Body is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BoldAsLove View Post
    I've jumped on the Bulletproof coffee bandwagon. For the last three days, I've had 1tbsp grassfed butter (not Kerrygold, some Icelandic brand) with my morning coffee. The resulting energy and mental clarity is amazing! During the morning hours I've been completely awake and focused/interested in my work. The feeling is similar to when I used to (ill-advisedly) take adderall as a college kid to pump out 30 page papers overnight - albeit via a much much healthier means. I suppose my body was screaming for MOAR FAT?
    1 TBSP is not bulletproof, lol.

Real bulletproof is like 4-8 TBSP and MCT oil.

JoanieL is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by The Rebooted Body View Post
    1 TBSP is not bulletproof, lol.

Real bulletproof is like 4-8 TBSP and MCT oil.
    I call mine butter coffee because I'm a-scared that some big macho studly dude who knows more about my metabolism than I do will make fun of me in a health forum. [/sarcasm]
    "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

sakura_girl is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JoanieL View Post
    I call mine butter coffee because I'm a-scared that some big macho studly dude who knows more about my metabolism than I do will make fun of me in a health forum. [/sarcasm]
    XD

I call mine bulletproof and I used to use 1 Tbsp each of butter and coconut oil.

Don't do it anymore, though. I still favor a smidgen of cream when it comes to coffee, I've come to realize.

Fernaldo is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Markbt View Post
    You missed the entire point of what I wrote and the entire point of bulletproof fasting. Whether you call it fasting or not, consuming only small amounts of fat calories has drastically different effects than consuming any amount of protein or sugar calories.

Normally the point of fasting is to achieve something, not just fasting for the sake of the definition of fasting. This is a method to achieve something. If you aren't interested in that then don't do it. If you are interested but want to call it something else to preserve the precious definition of fasting, thats fine also.
    Your point was illogical... I missed nothing. I've read all about BP coffee and the over priced beans and people claiming they are fasting will consuming 200 calories of butter in their morning coffee. It's all bullshit. If you're going to IF, then IF.
    Last edited by Fernaldo; 04-04-2013 at 07:47 PM.
    "The problem with quoting someone on the Internet is, you never know if it's legit" - Abraham Lincoln

eKatherine is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by oxide View Post
    eKatherine, can you have chocolate? You can make Bulletproof hot cocoa too. Just use cocoa powder and water instead of coffee. I've had some success with bulletproof tea too, best with a strong black tea.
    I feel like it's something I might want to try when I'm short on calories. At the moment I don't eat breakfast and I don't feel the need for calories at that time. I exercise fasted and don't eat until 3:00 pm.

Timthetaco Guest
    I must be bad at this whole paleo thing. I don't even drink coffee, so unfortunately I've never had the opportunity to load it up with butter. Although the upside is I'm not supporting Dave Asprey either financially or philosophically. I don't like bullshitters.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345