Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Bulletproof coffee is AMAZEBALLS! page 2

Markbt is online now Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Butter is great, but try adding some coconut oil also, or pure MCT oil if you have it and can tolerate it. The MCTs combined with the butter and coffee really help with the mental clarity and energy.

UTfootball747 is offline Member
    Uggh, where did this term "bulletproof" come from?

meloroaster is offline Senior Member
    I make a different version...espresso + 2 tbsp coconut oil + 1 egg yolk + dash of cinnamon.
    SOOOOOOOOOO GOOD!
    sometimes i add butter but i live in the boondocks and can't get the really good stuff so tend to abstain.

I use my a hand blender and bring that to work. Sometimes it's enough, other times i also drink a green shake (kale/spinach, berries, whey protein, coco nibs, maybe 1/2 avocado, water)

Sambo712 is offline Senior Member
    Bulletproof coffee comes from the "Bulletproof Executive". He's a blogger that promotes a high fat, paleo diet, and urges users to avoid toxins at all costs. His website is The Bulletproof Executive.

He classifies himself as a "Bio-hacker", interesting blog, but I'm sure not going to pay his premium prices for his brand of coffee.

JoanieL is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Sambo712 View Post
    Bulletproof coffee comes from the "Bulletproof Executive". He's a blogger that promotes a high fat, paleo diet, and urges users to avoid toxins at all costs. His website is The Bulletproof Executive.

He classifies himself as a "Bio-hacker", interesting blog, but I'm sure not going to pay his premium prices for his brand of coffee.
    +1

Some good information there. A good organic fair trade coffee is fine. A good pastured butter is fine. Lots of free info. My only financial contribution is my eyes on any specific website.
    "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

PrimalStudent is offline Senior Member
    Question from someone who's only read about bulletproof coffee but never tried it... is there some advantage to using butter rather than a high-quality heavy whipping cream?

slowcooker is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by PrimalStudent View Post
    Question from someone who's only read about bulletproof coffee but never tried it... is there some advantage to using butter rather than a high-quality heavy whipping cream?
    I don't think so.. other than perhaps removing the buttermilk.

Fernaldo is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by PrimalStudent View Post
    Yes!!!!! You get the shock factor of telling someone you put butter in your coffee. Other than that, it's pointless and a waste of good coffee and good butter.
    "The problem with quoting someone on the Internet is, you never know if it's legit" - Abraham Lincoln

PrimalStudent is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Fernaldo View Post
    Yes!!!!! You get the shock factor of telling someone you put butter in your coffee. Other than that, it's pointless and a waste of good coffee and good butter.
    In that case... as a non-coffee-drinker, if I choose to drink 1/2 a pint (about a cup) of straight cream as a morning pick-me-up (instead of breakfast), any chance I'll get kicked out of keto?

Gorbag is offline Senior Member
    PrimalCon New York
    Quote Originally Posted by Fernaldo View Post
    Also, you are "fasting" - no food at all before lunch, only a stick of butter and some MCT oil in the morning coffee! So, the bulletproofer can put up a very serious face and tell his family or co-workers; - only bulletproof coffee for me, I am fasting this morning...

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast