Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: GO ALL IN! Or eaaaaaase in? page

beaubutterfly is offline Member

GO ALL IN! Or eaaaaaase in?

Primal Fuel
    So I have pretty much jumped in head first to the PWOE....and I am feeling mostly good. Energy is pretty good, belly is feeling clean and clear, no gurgling and protesting at night and no waking up with wind and pains! And losing weight! Awesome!

I am really bloody tired tho! I know this is carb flu or whatever its called, but I am wondering if easing in is better than JUMPING in? I won't go back now...I'm already in! But for arguments sake, what do you all reckon?

Damiana is offline Senior Member
    I'd say all in whole30 style to cut all the crap and a sugar addiction if you had one. I find that I devote myself more wholeheartedly to something if I don't half assedly dive into it. Yes, that is a word because I say so.
    F 28/5'4/100 lbs

"I'm not a psychopath, I'm a high-functioning sociopath; do your research."

magnolia1973 is online now Senior Member
    Depends on the person. I eased in.

http://maggiesfeast.wordpress.com/
    Check out my blog. Hope to share lots of great recipes and ideas!

spuggygirl is offline Senior Member
    I jumped feet first, but I hadn't been eating a stack of starchy carbs and grains for a few years before jumping in, so I didn't suffer too badly.

JoanieL is offline Senior Member
    Every person is different. Maybe look at the last time you changed something significant in your life and that could help you to see if you're an ease-in or an all-in kind of person.

If being tired is the worst of it, depending on your general health, you could add some sweet potato or white rice occasionally without going off blueprint.

Sounds like you're doing really well - congrats!
    "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

primalrob is offline Senior Member
    it really depends on the individual, their current mindset, their goals, etc.

i used to be a huge proponent of going all in at once, but i heard a behavior modification expert say something that completely changed my view on the subject: if your body has a certain routine, it will fight against major changes to that routine, and that is why so many people fail at getting healthy.
    that makes a ton of sense. i'm still a fan of wild changes and experimentation, but i don't recommend it for others anymore.

Geeknik is offline Member
    I eased into it. I was a major sugar/grain addict and found it easier to just focus at first on limiting my carbs to less than 150g a day while still eating grains. Then I began to realize how hard that was so gradually decreased my grains each day. Now I just have a free day on Saturdays where I'll eat pasta, rice or cereal along with healthier items but the rest of the week I avoid them entirely and seem to have kicked my addiction. I no longer even look forward to my free day and find myself eating less and less cheat items on Saturdays. So far I've lost 39 lbs. since the end of Feb. doing it this way.

namelesswonder is online now Senior Member
    I dove in and then realized that I couldn't handle it. I wasn't used to cooking from scratch that much, so it was a big shift. I kept thinking it was kind of a vegetarian thing for some reason, too! I was also eating waaaayyyy too little. Ultimately, I eased in over the course of nearly 5 months! I did a Whole30 and have been at least 80/20 since then (over a year ago).
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

j3nn is online now Senior Member
    Why do newcomers believe the carb flu stage is necessary? Eat carbs. Avoid unpleasant withdrawal symptoms.
    | My (food) Blog | Follow me on Facebook | Pinterest | Twitter |

“It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men.” - Samuel Adams

noodletoy is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by j3nn View Post
    Why do newcomers believe the carb flu stage is necessary? Eat carbs. Avoid unpleasant withdrawal symptoms.
    lol, i wonder this too?

but it seems many come at this for weight-loss first and health a distant second, so cut carbs. however, if the shift is from eating the typical 300+ gms of carbs per day to <100 gms, i'd imagine that's no easy transition either.

anyway, op: if you're choosing to be in ketosis, you need to replenish your electrolytes. drink salty broth, eat some avocado and/or take a magnesium/potassium supplement.
    As I ate the oysters with their strong taste of the sea and their faint metallic taste that the cold white wine washed away, leaving only the sea taste and the succulent texture, and as I drank their cold liquid from each shell and washed it down with the crisp taste of the wine, I lost the empty feeling and began to be happy and to make plans.

– Ernest Hemingway

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast