Thread: can't fall asleep since starting Paleo page

sumacito is offline Junior Member

can't fall asleep since starting Paleo

Primal Fuel
    Hello,

I have recently started eating Palo (very limited dairy--zero processed/wheat/corn)
    I gave up pop (soda) about 6weeks ago...but still really craving my 3pm coke... and not seeing any of the expected weight loss (was drinking 4 to5 per day)

Is there a reason why I might not be able to fall asleep? I could be a walk on for one of the zombie shows out there right now...

Deb

magicmerl is offline Senior Member
    The cravings are probably a sign that you are missing *something*. The question is what.

Sounds like a mineral deficiency to me. Do you get enough salt / magnesium?
    Disclaimer: I eat 'meat and vegetables' ala Primal, although I don't agree with the carb curve. I like Perfect Health Diet and WAPF Lactofermentation a lot.

Griff's cholesterol primer
    5,000 Cal Fat <> 5,000 Cal Carbs
    Winterbike: What I eat every day is what other people eat to treat themselves.
    TQP: I find for me that nutrition is much more important than what I do in the gym.
    bloodorchid is always right

sumacito is offline Junior Member
    Not sure.. I always crave salt.. but don't use much in my cooking... and don't use processed foods.. will look up good sources of magnesium.. thanks

magicmerl is offline Senior Member
    I never used to salt at all pre-primal, but now I salt basically everything except fruit, dark chocolate and bacon.

Pink salt is the best, since it contains a bunch of other things rather than just NaCl (with a tiny dash of I) that the standard white salt has.
    Disclaimer: I eat 'meat and vegetables' ala Primal, although I don't agree with the carb curve. I like Perfect Health Diet and WAPF Lactofermentation a lot.

Griff's cholesterol primer
    5,000 Cal Fat <> 5,000 Cal Carbs
    Winterbike: What I eat every day is what other people eat to treat themselves.
    TQP: I find for me that nutrition is much more important than what I do in the gym.
    bloodorchid is always right

Roary is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I had that at first too. Turns out I had to exercise or I am not tired enough to sleep. + Natural Calm on the really wired days.