Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Paleo Vs. Atkins page

Kaminokamen is offline Junior Member

Paleo Vs. Atkins

Primal Fuel
    Hey I'm talking with my roommate, and due to my limited knowledge of Paleo, he is saying that I should stop because it is like the Atkins diet and the guy died, so it's not really healthy. So I ask, how is consuming a lot of fat, (ex: a recipe for banana and egg pancakes, it says cook in the leftover bacon grease. That was from Rob Wolff.) So, with a lot of cholestorol coming in from consuming more fat, wouldn't it lead to a heart attack? This is what he is saying, and you know, I don't know about stuff like that, hence my SAD diet, and I'd like to hear an answer. Thanks.

bloodorchid is offline Senior Member
    you're going to die when your heart explodes from bananaeggbacon fat

snopes.com: Dr. Robert Atkins' Death
    beautiful
    yeah you are

I mean there's so many ants in my eyes! And there are so many TVs, microwaves, radios... I think, I can't, I'm not 100% sure what we have here in stock.. I don't know because I can't see anything! Our prices, I hope, aren't too low!

Allenete is offline Senior Member
    Paleo isn't a "low carb diet".

Go do some reading, it's all on this website

Quote Originally Posted by Allenete View Post
    Paleo isn't a "low carb diet".

Go do some reading, it's all on this website
    I've been reading the 21 Day Transformation and, I'm fighting ADHD, so I don't retain a lot, due to constantly daydreaming and not being focused, but I've read that it is a no grain diet with carbs from fruits and veggies I guess? So, I guess it isn't, but he is relating that grains have a buttload of carbs, so it becomes a low carb diet, but I guess I need to compensate with more fruits and veggies?

bloodorchid is offline Senior Member
    it can be lowER carb than the standard grain-based diet, but primal is only low carb if you want it to be.

conversely, it can be low fat and high carb. whatever makes you happy
    beautiful
    yeah you are

I mean there's so many ants in my eyes! And there are so many TVs, microwaves, radios... I think, I can't, I'm not 100% sure what we have here in stock.. I don't know because I can't see anything! Our prices, I hope, aren't too low!

picklepete is offline Senior Member
    Honestly the only answer is that your food is not his business. Is he really open to persuasion?

Heart disease starts with endothelial trauma which is caused (and not caused) by a lot of different things, but it went up while our butter/bacon/egg consumption went down.

magicmerl is offline Senior Member
    Atkins was right.

His 'empire' got a bit carried away with the processed foods market.

That is all.
    Disclaimer: I eat 'meat and vegetables' ala Primal, although I don't agree with the carb curve. I like Perfect Health Diet and WAPF Lactofermentation a lot.

Griff's cholesterol primer
    5,000 Cal Fat <> 5,000 Cal Carbs
    Winterbike: What I eat every day is what other people eat to treat themselves.
    TQP: I find for me that nutrition is much more important than what I do in the gym.
    bloodorchid is always right

@Bloodorchid: I can see that, I'm not sure right now lol, but it makes sense.

@Picklepete: He is obnoxious, and a know it all, and it makes me mad that he makes me question everything, but, because he asks about stuff I would never think about, and has a lot of knowledge, I have learned to take it serious, while he claims to know a lot, and turns stuff around to benefit him, I need to know. I realize I will know more, the more I read and learn, but I wanted to start this up, it's been a month since I started learning and didn't want to live bad anymore. And it made me question myself.

ANYWAY! He is claiming that those on low carb diets are more weak and fragile because carbs = energy, and with less, you aren't as good as we have learned to be. He actually said that there was wheat back in the paleo era and that people shouldn't be taking away something that we've had for thousands of years.

I like knowing that I caught him up in BS, it's like a personal win for me lol. But the being low carb and being weaker, I don't want to believe this, because so many people are Paleo and have had so much success, and he is insisting that it's only meant to be no grains for a month or so and then go to low grains. Your thoughts?

@Bloodorchid: I can see that, I'm not sure right now lol, but it makes sense.

@Picklepete: He is obnoxious, and a know it all, and it makes me mad that he makes me question everything, but, because he asks about stuff I would never think about, and has a lot of knowledge, I have learned to take it serious, while he claims to know a lot, and turns stuff around to benefit him, I need to know. I realize I will know more, the more I read and learn, but I wanted to start this up, it's been a month since I started learning and didn't want to live bad anymore. And it made me question myself.

ANYWAY! He is claiming that those on low carb diets are more weak and fragile because carbs = energy, and with less, you aren't as good as we have learned to be. He actually said that there was wheat back in the paleo era and that people shouldn't be taking away something that we've had for thousands of years.

I like knowing that I caught him up in BS, it's like a personal win for me lol. But the being low carb and being weaker, I don't want to believe this, because so many people are Paleo and have had so much success, and he is insisting that it's only meant to be no grains for a month or so and then go to low grains. Your thoughts?

Allenete is offline Senior Member
    He may have a lot of conventional knowledge, the stuff our heads have been filled with since birth, but obvious he has low knowledge of what he's actually arguing against.

It is not about the carbs - it's about grains. I get plenty of my carbs from fruit and vegetables.

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast