I'm an 18-year-old college student and I've found that my go-to coping mechanism is to EAT. (I've fallen culprit to the Freshman 15, since starting school in October...) I don't go for the worst offender (wheat), but I find that my first "weakness" is multiple pieces of fruit for every meal. It's not uncommon for me to eat 4 freakin' whole oranges after dinner, plus a Larabar (or 2). I understand that binge-eating fruit and "gluten-free" bars (brown rice syrup-laden, ugh!) isn't the worst thing that I could do, but it's making me gain weight on top of the gargantuan amount I've already gained since starting school.

This problem wasn't severe in high school. I've found that the freedom of college life is conducive to boredom eating/compulsive eating.

Should I try doing a sugar detox? Does this sound like an addiction to fruit/"healthy" bars? Should I force myself to do a very low-carb (meat, veg, water, no caffeine/sugar) deal for a week? For those who have overcome something like this, do you have some tricks up your sleeve? I'm wondering if I should seek help.

I'm about 30 lbs overweight. I'm otherwise a very happy person, but on the inside I know something is wrong with me.

Thanks so much, Primal veterans! I admire you all for committing to this (matchless) lifestyle.