Thread: I'm new to the forums, but not to MDA page

PseudoDiva is offline Junior Member

I'm new to the forums, but not to MDA

Primal Fuel
    Hi there, I'm PseudoDiva. I have struggled with my weight all my life, though most people would not think I had a huge problem as I have never been more than 50 lbs overweight. Last January, after having two boys in two years, I walked past a mirror and didn't recognize myself. I realized I had to make a change. I lost nearly 30 pounds from January to May of last year simply by eating Primal. I discovered a gluten sensitivity, so that is gone from my life forever. Then in May, about 6 months postpartum from #2, I plunged into depression. After months of this, I was finally diagnosed in December with a thyroid issue. I never gave up on eating Primal, but the holidays didn't help and I do love my wine. Sadly, I have gained back a lot of the weight. All my pre-baby clothes fit, but they're getting tighter.

I have committed this next month to eating Primal-as close to Whole30 as possible, since that's the way I lost the most weight. I'm looking for support and encouragement along the way, as well as trouble shooting. A missing piece for me up to this point is exercise. I have started doing yoga videos once a day. They help to center me and keep me focused. It is VERY hard to get in long exercise routines with two little ones running around...and the stress makes it hard not to rely on quick fixes like chocolate or wine!

So, hello.

Hedonist2 is offline Senior Member
    Hi. Welcome!

You have two toddlers and you do yoga. No, exercise is not a missing point for you. You are getting enough exercise right now. You are getting pretty much the same exercise as your great grandmothers have gotten since they came down out of trees. My thoughts on the subject.

Someone will jump in and suggest a complete exercise plan for you. Ignore them.

Good luck with Primal. Get what rest you can.
    Ancestral Health Info - My blog about Primal and the general ancestral health movement. Site just remodeled using HTML5/CSS3 instead of Wordpress.

PseudoDiva is offline Junior Member
    Hi, Hedonist! When I say: "yoga," I mean that I try to do a little half hour video while the kids are napping. On a good week I get it in four times. Since I have boys, we go to the park a lot. Thank you for your encouragement! It's easy to feel like a failure because I've been stuck for so long.

ETA: Just read the post. Thank you! I hadn't even thought of chasing games. My boys would love that!