Page 42 of 44 FirstFirst ... 324041424344 LastLast

Thread: "Calories in / Calories Out" -- Please Stop the Madness page 42

Gorbag is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by momrn View Post
    Not dieting, just trying to survive this flare.

My point is my calories are ridiculously low and have been for weeks and I have lost nothing...

So, what gives?

If calories in/calories out is the gospel, why am I not have the similar results as kitoi?
    Maybe he is training harder than you, creating a larger calorie deficit, having a different metabolism, more muscle, measuring more accurate, etc., etc.? But if it's the case that you are very low on calories and active, and still not losing, how do you know that you are not retaining water?

eKatherine is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorbag View Post
    Maybe he is training harder than you, creating a larger calorie deficit, having a different metabolism, more muscle, measuring more accurate, etc., etc.? But if it's the case that you are very low on calories and active, and still not losing, how do you know that you are not retaining water?
    Did you even read her first post? She has been too sick to eat for months.

momrn is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by eKatherine View Post
    Did you even read her first post? She has been too sick to eat for months.
    Apparently not.

How do I know I'm not retaining water? My clothes fit. My rings fit. I'm not puffy or bloated.

I've decreased my exercise, but I manage to walk my dog everyday. I still work on my feet everyday.

We are talking calories in/calories out, right? My calories out have decreased some. My calories in have decreased tremendously. I lost two pounds.

Even in a state of illness-induced anorexia, I am not losing weight. NOT. LOSING. WEIGHT.

Maybe if I could pull myself together and go for a sprint I could drop a few more pounds? I'm just not working the formula to my advantage, right?

Apparently not.

How do I know I'm not retaining water? My clothes fit. My rings fit. I'm not puffy or bloated.
    Bah, if you loses triglycerides from your fat tissue and your body fill up the empty fat cells with water, replacing the triglycerides with water and minerals, how can you see any difference? And if you are sick and drink little water this will also make your body retain even more water due to stress, just saying...

We are talking calories in/calories out, right? My calories out have decreased some. My calories in have decreased tremendously. I lost two pounds.

Even in a state of illness-induced anorexia, I am not losing weight. NOT. LOSING. WEIGHT.
    See my comment above...

252dlp is offline Senior Member
    So then it's not as easy as calories in/calories out.

My current diary: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread100765.html
    My original diary: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread77760.html

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

RichMahogany is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 252dlp View Post
    Every time you say that, they just revert to defending CICO as 1st Law of Thermodynamics (which doesn't say fat people are lazy and need to eat less and move around more). Classic example of hanging a strawman. Let's let this dead horse rest.

Quote Originally Posted by 252dlp View Post
    It's a bit like e=mc2... The math formula is indeed very easy, but then comes all the deductions and footnotes...

It's a bit like e=mc2... The math formula is indeed very easy, but then comes all the deductions and footnotes...
    Wait, isn't that what our side has been saying all along?

Quote Originally Posted by RichMahogany View Post
    Wait, isn't that what our side has been saying all along?
    I am not sure that "your side" agrees on much, but good for them if they recognize the truth about CICO! I have even seen that some of the representative for "your side" claim stubbornly that they can "gain weight in a calorie deficit", and below 800 calories (Sic!)...

I am not sure that "your side" agrees on much, but good for them if they recognize the truth about CICO! I have even seen that some of the representative for "your side" claim stubbornly that they can "gain weight in a calorie deficit", and below 800 calories (Sic!)...
    My side are people of the Alternative Hypothesis, not deniers of Newtonian Physics. They don't get a side. They get the same side as new earth creationists, or people who believe the earth is flat.

My side, as I've stated repeatedly (as has AdamK, Peter Attia, etc) accept CICO as a description (1st Law of Thermodynamics) not as a prescription (calling people fat, lazy liars and telling them to simply eat fewer calories and move around more).

Page 42 of 44 FirstFirst ... 324041424344 LastLast