Page 41 of 44 FirstFirst ... 313940414243 ... LastLast
Results 401 to 410 of 440

Thread: "Calories in / Calories Out" -- Please Stop the Madness page 41

  1. #401
    eKatherine's Avatar
    eKatherine is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Portland
    Posts
    5,410
    Primal Fuel
    It's such a simple thing and so easy to do that nobody's fat. Except for the majority of Americans, and it's all their own fault for choosing to be morally inferior to the simplicity fans.

    That's what it's about, and that's what it's only ever been about. Blaming the overwhelming majority of people for not being able to make work a program that only works for a tiny percentage of those who attempt it. Because they don't try harder, and when they fail, even briefly, they end up heavier for physiological reasons. So next time they should try even harder. They're not TRYING HARD ENOUGH, DAMMIT! Keep TRYING! What's WRONG with those lazy gluttons?

  2. #402
    RichMahogany's Avatar
    RichMahogany is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    7,209
    Quote Originally Posted by eKatherine View Post
    It's such a simple thing and so easy to do that nobody's fat. Except for the majority of Americans, and it's all their own fault for choosing to be morally inferior to the simplicity fans.

    That's what it's about, and that's what it's only ever been about. Blaming the overwhelming majority of people for not being able to make work a program that only works for a tiny percentage of those who attempt it. Because they don't try harder, and when they fail, even briefly, they end up heavier for physiological reasons. So next time they should try even harder. They're not TRYING HARD ENOUGH, DAMMIT! Keep TRYING! What's WRONG with those lazy gluttons?
    “The greatest discovery any alien anthropologist could make about our culture is our overriding response to failure: If it didn't work last year, do it AGAIN this year (and if possible do it MORE)” - Daniel Quinn

  3. #403
    kitoi's Avatar
    kitoi is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Fairfield, CA
    Posts
    547
    I might as well jump in....

    I'm preparing for a round of photos in June so I'm cutting weight. As of Apr 1st I was 148lb and 64" tall so my calorie intake is quite low most days, nonexistent a day and high on others but my total for the week is still at a deficit. I track my intake and don't worry about day to day so much as long as my weekly total is below expenditure.

    My diet consists of low carb moderate fat/protein on low cal days and high carb/low fat on high cal days. I also do a 40hr fast in the somewhere.

    As of this morning I'm down 8lb and 1" off my waist

  4. #404
    Gorbag's Avatar
    Gorbag is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Ecuador
    Posts
    3,746
    And this is how 2000 calories look, some of them:



  5. #405
    NZ primal Gwamma's Avatar
    NZ primal Gwamma is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    NZ
    Posts
    4,317
    .........................page 41 - moving right along..........................
    "never let the truth get in the way of a good story "

    ...small steps....

  6. #406
    Neckhammer's Avatar
    Neckhammer is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    7,729
    Quote Originally Posted by NZ primal Gwamma View Post
    .........................page 41 - moving right along..........................
    If you build it they will come.....

  7. #407
    NZ primal Gwamma's Avatar
    NZ primal Gwamma is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    NZ
    Posts
    4,317
    Quote Originally Posted by Neckhammer View Post
    If you build it they will come.....
    .....................brilliant Neckhammer - I love me a wee challenge.....................
    "never let the truth get in the way of a good story "

    ...small steps....

  8. #408
    momrn's Avatar
    momrn is offline Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    81
    I'll jump in, too.

    For the past eight weeks, I've had a return of my autoimmune anemia and gastritis. My calories are quite low because I'm too tired to eat and even water puts me in f'ing agony. I fast most days because I have no appetite at all. My calories are well below what I was eating two months ago.

    I've lost two pounds.

    Healthy young guys who can "cut" for photos--I am thrilled to bits for you. Post your photos!!

    But I don't share your experience with calorie restriction results at all.

  9. #409
    Gorbag's Avatar
    Gorbag is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Ecuador
    Posts
    3,746
    Quote Originally Posted by momrn View Post
    I'll jump in, too.

    For the past eight weeks, I've had a return of my autoimmune anemia and gastritis. My calories are quite low because I'm too tired to eat and even water puts me in f'ing agony. I fast most days because I have no appetite at all. My calories are well below what I was eating two months ago.

    I've lost two pounds.

    Healthy young guys who can "cut" for photos--I am thrilled to bits for you. Post your photos!!

    But I don't share your experience with calorie restriction results at all.
    If you are think that you are losing too little, remember that dieting is very stressful to the body, and stress may retain water for days or weeks! Very often a day of refeed above maintenance will make the body drop water...

  10. #410
    momrn's Avatar
    momrn is offline Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    81
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorbag View Post
    If you are think that you are losing too little, remember that dieting is very stressful to the body, and stress may retain water for days or weeks! Very often a day of refeed above maintenance will make the body drop water...
    Not dieting, just trying to survive this flare.

    My point is my calories are ridiculously low and have been for weeks and I have lost nothing...

    So, what gives?

    If calories in/calories out is the gospel, why am I not have the similar results as kitoi?

Page 41 of 44 FirstFirst ... 313940414243 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •