Page 41 of 44 FirstFirst ... 313940414243 ... LastLast

Thread: "Calories in / Calories Out" -- Please Stop the Madness page 41

eKatherine is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    It's such a simple thing and so easy to do that nobody's fat. Except for the majority of Americans, and it's all their own fault for choosing to be morally inferior to the simplicity fans.

That's what it's about, and that's what it's only ever been about. Blaming the overwhelming majority of people for not being able to make work a program that only works for a tiny percentage of those who attempt it. Because they don't try harder, and when they fail, even briefly, they end up heavier for physiological reasons. So next time they should try even harder. They're not TRYING HARD ENOUGH, DAMMIT! Keep TRYING! What's WRONG with those lazy gluttons?

RichMahogany is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by eKatherine View Post
    It's such a simple thing and so easy to do that nobody's fat. Except for the majority of Americans, and it's all their own fault for choosing to be morally inferior to the simplicity fans.

That's what it's about, and that's what it's only ever been about. Blaming the overwhelming majority of people for not being able to make work a program that only works for a tiny percentage of those who attempt it. Because they don't try harder, and when they fail, even briefly, they end up heavier for physiological reasons. So next time they should try even harder. They're not TRYING HARD ENOUGH, DAMMIT! Keep TRYING! What's WRONG with those lazy gluttons?
    “The greatest discovery any alien anthropologist could make about our culture is our overriding response to failure: If it didn't work last year, do it AGAIN this year (and if possible do it MORE)” - Daniel Quinn

kitoi is offline Senior Member
    I might as well jump in....

I'm preparing for a round of photos in June so I'm cutting weight. As of Apr 1st I was 148lb and 64" tall so my calorie intake is quite low most days, nonexistent a day and high on others but my total for the week is still at a deficit. I track my intake and don't worry about day to day so much as long as my weekly total is below expenditure.

My diet consists of low carb moderate fat/protein on low cal days and high carb/low fat on high cal days. I also do a 40hr fast in the somewhere.

As of this morning I'm down 8lb and 1" off my waist

Gorbag is offline Senior Member
    And this is how 2000 calories look, some of them:

NZ primal Gwamma is offline Senior Member
    .........................page 41 - moving right along..........................
    "never let the truth get in the way of a good story "

...small steps....

Neckhammer is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by NZ primal Gwamma View Post
    .........................page 41 - moving right along..........................
    If you build it they will come.....

NZ primal Gwamma is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Neckhammer View Post
    If you build it they will come.....
    .....................brilliant Neckhammer - I love me a wee challenge.....................
    "never let the truth get in the way of a good story "

...small steps....

momrn is offline Member
    I'll jump in, too.

For the past eight weeks, I've had a return of my autoimmune anemia and gastritis. My calories are quite low because I'm too tired to eat and even water puts me in f'ing agony. I fast most days because I have no appetite at all. My calories are well below what I was eating two months ago.

I've lost two pounds.

Healthy young guys who can "cut" for photos--I am thrilled to bits for you. Post your photos!!

But I don't share your experience with calorie restriction results at all.

Gorbag is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by momrn View Post
    I'll jump in, too.

For the past eight weeks, I've had a return of my autoimmune anemia and gastritis. My calories are quite low because I'm too tired to eat and even water puts me in f'ing agony. I fast most days because I have no appetite at all. My calories are well below what I was eating two months ago.

I've lost two pounds.

Healthy young guys who can "cut" for photos--I am thrilled to bits for you. Post your photos!!

But I don't share your experience with calorie restriction results at all.
    If you are think that you are losing too little, remember that dieting is very stressful to the body, and stress may retain water for days or weeks! Very often a day of refeed above maintenance will make the body drop water...

momrn is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorbag View Post
    If you are think that you are losing too little, remember that dieting is very stressful to the body, and stress may retain water for days or weeks! Very often a day of refeed above maintenance will make the body drop water...
    Not dieting, just trying to survive this flare.

My point is my calories are ridiculously low and have been for weeks and I have lost nothing...

So, what gives?

If calories in/calories out is the gospel, why am I not have the similar results as kitoi?

Page 41 of 44 FirstFirst ... 313940414243 ... LastLast