Page 3 of 44 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: "Calories in / Calories Out" -- Please Stop the Madness page 3

NZ primal Gwamma is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by magicmerl View Post
    I'm like a giant hottie.
    pickies please - and then we will decide if this be true !!!!!!!!!
    "never let the truth get in the way of a good story "

...small steps....

Gorbag is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by magicmerl View Post
    I find that when my surplus calories in are cream and chocolate, my body upregulates temperature to increase calories out.

The downside of this is that the kids want to crawl into bed with me at night since I'm like a giant hottie.
    Yes, especially from the CARBS (and PROTEINS!) in cream and chocholate! The body makes a lot of fuzz to burn the carbs off as energy(=heat), especially when the glycogen is close to be filled up, instead of storing it as bodyfat. The thermic effect of carbs is around 10 %, while the dietary fat get stored with only 0-3 % thermic effect, so almost everything goes for storage. Protein have a thermic effect of around 25- 30 % though, so I bet that your feeling of heat comes mostly from protein and carbs, rather than fat...

Timthetaco Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by KimchiNinja View Post
    I thought this was a paleo forum and we all knew it was white-carbs driving fat accumulation; lower your carbs to 50g and you lose weight no matter your calorie intake or calorie expenditure.
    Prove it.

magicmerl is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by NZ primal Gwamma View Post
    pickies please - and then we will decide if this be true !!!!!!!!!
    Disclaimer: I eat 'meat and vegetables' ala Primal, although I don't agree with the carb curve. I like Perfect Health Diet and WAPF Lactofermentation a lot.

Griff's cholesterol primer
    5,000 Cal Fat <> 5,000 Cal Carbs
    Winterbike: What I eat every day is what other people eat to treat themselves.
    TQP: I find for me that nutrition is much more important than what I do in the gym.
    bloodorchid is always right

Drumroll is offline Senior Member
    I'll agree that insulin may help drive fat gain to some extent, but let's be honest... You still have to keep calories to a reasonable level for your needs, even in a low carb (or very low carb) state. It may not be merely as simple as calories in, calories out, but basic physics DOES still apply to human physiology. We are not immune.

Zach is offline Banned
    KimchiNinja, i love your posts! You act like your an authority but you have no idea what you are talking about. So hilar!

ChocoTaco369 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by KimchiNinja View Post
    I thought this was a paleo forum and we all knew it was white-carbs driving fat accumulation; lower your carbs to 50g and you lose weight no matter your calorie intake or calorie expenditure.
    This is absolutely, 100% false. It never was true, it never will be true. Your statement basically says that people on paleo forums don't know how to lose weight. I take offense to this. It has always been and always will be caloric excess driving fat storage.
    Don't put your trust in anyone on this forum, including me. You are the key to your own success.

ChocoTaco369 is offline Senior Member
    I don't understand paleo forums. This should be as simple as eating real food, but somehow everyone manages to complicate the hell out of something that is supposed to be intuitive and incredibly easy. I don't care if it's steak, potatoes, mangoes or almonds. It's all food. Eat what your body wants you to eat. If you want a potato but you're shoving bacon down your throat until the craving goes away because you're trying to live on some nonexistent carbohydrate curve, you're doing this wrong! If you have a craving for a specific type of meat, a strong fruit craving or a craving for starch, it's probably because your body is missing something in that food. Go with it instead of trying to adhere to artificial macros. Just choose real food sources - pork loin over hot dogs, potatoes over grains, fruit over candy.
    Don't put your trust in anyone on this forum, including me. You are the key to your own success.

Timthetaco Guest
    ^ Wheat is real food, too. In fact, most eat-real-foodies eat wheat. If paleo were as simple as whole foods, it wouldn't be paleo.

/off topic

Forgotmylastusername is offline Senior Member
    I discovered a way to consume excess fat and not have it stored all as fat.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ttC7...VGajEX8RR4o9hg

TAKE THAT CICO PROPONANTS!

Disclaimer: This unique "metabolic advantage" may have some side effects which include, nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, severe bloating, abdominal pain, headaches, panic attacks, severe pain, cramping, etc

Page 3 of 44 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast