Page 15 of 44 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast

Thread: "Calories in / Calories Out" -- Please Stop the Madness page 15

picklepete is online now Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    The best macrat for me is the one that makes me stop eating. It's shifted over time but continues to be a trusty guideline.

magicmerl is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BestBetter View Post
    Still waiting for a diagram of the carb-loving circle jerk. Maybe I'll try to improvise something on my own while I'm waiting.
    Wasn't there a Seinfeld episode about that?

Quote Originally Posted by NZ primal Gwamma View Post
    all arguments in Gwammas house are settled with an arm wrestle.
    Exactly.
    Last edited by magicmerl; 04-03-2013 at 09:32 PM.
    Disclaimer: I eat 'meat and vegetables' ala Primal, although I don't agree with the carb curve. I like Perfect Health Diet and WAPF Lactofermentation a lot.

Griff's cholesterol primer
    5,000 Cal Fat <> 5,000 Cal Carbs
    Winterbike: What I eat every day is what other people eat to treat themselves.
    TQP: I find for me that nutrition is much more important than what I do in the gym.
    bloodorchid is always right

NZ primal Gwamma is offline Senior Member
    would this do ????????

xxxxxx
    xxOxx
    xxxxxx

x
    x O x
    x

buggar - I can't make the little x's go round the circle properly !!!!!
    Last edited by NZ primal Gwamma; 04-03-2013 at 09:34 PM.
    "never let the truth get in the way of a good story "

...small steps....

noodletoy is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BestBetter View Post
    Still waiting for a diagram of the carb-loving circle jerk. Maybe I'll try to improvise something on my own while I'm waiting.
    if you need a diagram, you're doing it wrong.
    As I ate the oysters with their strong taste of the sea and their faint metallic taste that the cold white wine washed away, leaving only the sea taste and the succulent texture, and as I drank their cold liquid from each shell and washed it down with the crisp taste of the wine, I lost the empty feeling and began to be happy and to make plans.

Ernest Hemingway

Gadsie is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by sbhikes View Post
    Says a 15-year old boy...
    It's the basic task of leptin created by fat cells
    Billie trips balls

sbhikes is offline Senior Member
    Code:
       x

x O x

x
    It took some work but here you go.
    Female, 5'3", 49, Starting weight: 163lbs. Current weight: 135 (more or less).
    I can squat 180lbs, press 72.5lbs and deadlift 185lbs

diene is offline Senior Member
    Hahahaha! If only it were that easy! I couldn't lose weight even when eating less than 30 g of carbs per day. I couldn't lose weight even in ketosis. Now I eat way more carbs (don't know how much--stopped counting), and I still haven't lost weight. (HAHA!! Joke's on me.) But haven't gained either. And I'm much happier now that I get to eat sweet potatoes and rice without feeling guilty.
    Last edited by diene; 04-04-2013 at 09:27 AM. Reason: Italicized the wrong word.

Silvergirl is offline Senior Member
    Well I have no idea as to reasoning behind it all, but I do know for me that I am eating way more on this diet, but my weight keeps going down despite me trying to eat more to stop it. Lots of fat protein fruit and veg. My husband is constantly amazed how much I can eat these days, he has seen me on many diets over the years. Weight watchers I was starving all the time...... and craving. I wonder if my newly diagnosed food allergies were causing me to hold on to the weight. Our bodies are all different and finding what works for one just won't work for another. I don't track but my calories have to be a lot higher.....
    Starting Primal June 2012 at 148.5lbs, goal weight in November 2012.
    Now 95lbs and holding.
    Primal, minus eggs, dairy and a myriad of other allergens.

ChocoTaco369 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by serenity View Post
    Hahahaha! If only it were that easy! I couldn't lose weight even when eating less than 30 g of carbs per day. I couldn't lose weight even in ketosis. Now I eat way more carbs (don't know how much--stopped counting), and I still haven't lost weight. (HAHA!! Joke's on me.) But haven't gained either. And I'm much happier now that I get to eat sweet potatoes and rice without feeling guilty.
    If you can, eat the exact same things you are eating now in the exact same quantity, add in 45 mins of mid-level cardio 3 times a week and you should see results
    Don't put your trust in anyone on this forum, including me. You are the key to your own success.

ChocoTaco369 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by Silvergirl View Post
    Well I have no idea as to reasoning behind it all, but I do know for me that I am eating way more on this diet, but my weight keeps going down despite me trying to eat more to stop it. Lots of fat protein fruit and veg. My husband is constantly amazed how much I can eat these days, he has seen me on many diets over the years. Weight watchers I was starving all the time...... and craving. I wonder if my newly diagnosed food allergies were causing me to hold on to the weight. Our bodies are all different and finding what works for one just won't work for another. I don't track but my calories have to be a lot higher.....
    You are eating more food volume but less calories. Whole foods are far less calorically dense than processed foods. You can eat a big steak for the same calories as a piece of cake, the calories will be mostly protein-based (superior for body composition) and you'll stay full for hours in the steak whereas the cake may make you hungrier. It's that simple.
    Don't put your trust in anyone on this forum, including me. You are the key to your own success.

Page 15 of 44 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast