Page 14 of 44 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast

Thread: "Calories in / Calories Out" -- Please Stop the Madness page 14

dilberryhoundog is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by BestBetter View Post
    No studies needed, I personally think it's bullshit because I eat more carbs now that I ever did before and I also weigh less.

What is a 'big carb loving circle jerk', because it sounds really awesome and I'd kind of like to try it at home
    Altho you might like to think it, you are not the only person on the planet, others might find high carbs ONE of their problems with obesity.
    Im like you, I don't have a problem with carbs, I eat them when ever I feel like it. This wasn't always the case tho, A high carb intake caused me major problems, I fixed that.

I can see both sides of the carb coin, I actually mostly agree with CICO and what choco and derp say. I just find it noble to defend the other side when they jump up on their soap boxes and start punching everybody up who wants to try or believes in a low carb diet.
    Last edited by dilberryhoundog; 04-03-2013 at 07:03 PM. Reason: paragraph
    A little primal gem - My Success Story
    Weight lost in 4 months - 29kg (64 lbs)

NZ primal Gwamma is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by dilberryhoundog View Post
    I actually mostly agree with CICO and what choco and derp say. I just find it noble to defend the other side when they jump up on their soap boxes and start punching everybody up who wants to try or believes in a low carb diet.
    does this mean you like to argue - just for the fun of it ????????
    "never let the truth get in the way of a good story "

...small steps....

Gorbag is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by eKatherine View Post
    So based on your n=1 and your n=1 alone, everybody should eat lots of carbs?
    Just eat your pork and drink your butter and try not to think too much...

eKatherine is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorbag View Post
    Just eat your pork and drink your butter and try not to think too much...
    Pork rind nachos!

Timthetaco Guest
    I just find it noble to defend the other side when they jump up on their soap boxes and start punching everybody up who wants to try or believes in a low carb diet.
    You're right, low carb dieters truly are the victim on this majority low carb message board. I don't think you realize there are only four or five people on this entire forum who routinely suggest raising one's carb intake, and it's almost universally in the context of advice to someone who's struggling. It's frustrating to watch people neglect the simplest possible solution because of an unnatural fear of glucose - a fear that's continually promoted by the greater paleo community.

Eddoword is offline Junior Member
    Calories count but we shouldn't count them.

There are 4 laws of thermodynamics not 1. The last 2 are irrelevant. Don't forget the other KEY law.
    - Energy can neither be created or destroyed, but it can change forms.

Simplifying human biology to the likes of a steam engine is a major fallacy.

Human biology does NOT act like a balance, it acts like a sink.

-thesmarterscienceofslim.com

Quote Originally Posted by NZ primal Gwamma View Post
    does this mean you like to argue - just for the fun of it ????????
    yeah don't mind the odd debate/arguement.

But im sure it's easy to be sympathetic to derp (and choco) i mean all they want to do is sit around drinking coffee and smoking cigs (in derps case) all day. I sure they don't sit at the computer sproutin crap on the MDA forums, i mean over a thousand posts at an average of over 4 a day, is just an accident isn't it???? someone must have hacked his acount. Surely I'm the only shit-stirrer around here.

Quote Originally Posted by Timthetaco View Post
    You're right, low carb dieters truly are the victim on this majority low carb message board. I don't think you realize there are only four or five people on this entire forum who routinely suggest raising one's carb intake, and it's almost universally in the context of advice to someone who's struggling. It's frustrating to watch people neglect the simplest possible solution because of an unnatural fear of glucose - a fear that's continually promoted by the greater paleo community.
    So lets use this thread as an example of your logic.

A non struggling, non advice asking MDAer, posted a thought on how eating low carbs is great and fantastic, on a low carb message board as you describe it. Shouldn't we be all standing around shaking each others hands, congratulating each other on such a wonderful post, if what you say is true. I mean those 4-5 carb warriors don't need to be here do they. but we no that isn't the case, they have their soap boxes at the ready the second someone even mentions the word carbs. Woops i just mentioned the word.

NZ primal Gwamma is offline Senior Member
    yeah don't mind the odd debate/arguement.
    LOVL ............... all arguments in Gwammas house are settled with an arm wrestle............... however i have been known to smack the odd butt ..................... so too much more arguing on this thread between you lot, and wrinkly old saggy baggy Gwamma might just have to sort it with some corporal punishment !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    "never let the truth get in the way of a good story "

...small steps....

Timthetaco Guest
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Shouldn't we be all standing around shaking each others hands, congratulating each other on such a wonderful post, if what you say is true.
    There's been more than one thread that's been sent off into a shitstorm because Zach recommended someone try a high carb paleo diet--not a junky high carb diet--and several people jumped down his throat, even going so far as wishing him dead. This thread is just pushback against people who believe in CICO by a person who is clearly very excited about low carb because they just read Good Calories Bad Calories.

Page 14 of 44 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast