Page 13 of 44 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast

Thread: "Calories in / Calories Out" -- Please Stop the Madness page 13

Gladmorning is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    I think the root of the issue is... as so many folks have said.... every body is different. Everyone reacts differently to different foods and lifestyles. I think we can all agree that the SAD sucks and is good for no one. So, if eating white rice and potatoes vegetables and meat makes you feel awesome... well... awesome... but if starchy carbs make you feel like crap.... awesome, don't eat em'

I wish it were as simple as CICO or CICO is bs. But, it's not.
    The process is simple: Free your mind, and your ass will follow.

Paleobird Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by noodletoy View Post
    honestly? i think it's funny as hell watching him get wound up. like a terrier with gum stuck on its back. can't quite get it, but it's driving him krazee.
    Quote Originally Posted by JoanieL View Post
    lmao - a perfect description.
    What's really funny is that Choco fought me tooth and nail on my calorie counting threads way back when, insisting that it was macro composition that mattered. In his opinion eating gobs of sweet potatoes was the answer and calories were irrelevant. Now he acts like he invented calorie counting.

Dear KimchiNinja,
    I am both the author or those infamous calorie counting thread AND a staunch believer in the VLC diet being the optimal one for me.

Every time this subject comes up, everybody takes one of two sides:

Extreme position one: Calories are the ONLY thing that matters. Macros are irrelevant.
    Extreme position two: Macros are the ONLY thing that matters. Just reduce carbs and you can eat as much as you want.

And then there is me saying hold the phone folks. Why cant it be some of BOTH not and either/or situation?

From personal experience I know that it is very possible to gain weight while keeping carbs near zero if you overeat total calories. I also know that it is easier *for me* to keep a rein on the calorie intake if I keep my carbs low.

So it is both. The quality of the calories (GCBC) helps to reduce the quantity of the calories. Both matter.

252dlp is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Paleobird View Post
    What's really funny is that Choco fought me tooth and nail on my calorie counting threads way back when, insisting that it was macro composition that mattered. In his opinion eating gobs of sweet potatoes was the answer and calories were irrelevant. Now he acts like he invented calorie counting.

Dear KimchiNinja,
    I am both the author or those infamous calorie counting thread AND a staunch believer in the VLC diet being the optimal one for me.

Every time this subject comes up, everybody takes one of two sides:

Extreme position one: Calories are the ONLY thing that matters. Macros are irrelevant.
    Extreme position two: Macros are the ONLY thing that matters. Just reduce carbs and you can eat as much as you want.

And then there is me saying hold the phone folks. Why cant it be some of BOTH not and either/or situation?

From personal experience I know that it is very possible to gain weight while keeping carbs near zero if you overeat total calories. I also know that it is easier *for me* to keep a rein on the calorie intake if I keep my carbs low.

So it is both. The quality of the calories (GCBC) helps to reduce the quantity of the calories. Both matter.
    +1 ^this!

My current diary: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread100765.html
    My original diary: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread77760.html

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

dilberryhoundog is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Derpamix View Post
    You missed the point entirely. I know you badly want to demonize carbs in the name of your holy grail ketosis, but try to keep up. This thread should have been finished long ago. The fact it was even posted was pretty absurd.
    You don't even know me. I've don't think i've ever been in ketosis in my time on the blueprint, see what I mean by soapbox blindness.
    Well equally your romanticizing of carbs, your on some hero quest to save carbs from all the sinner paleo's, is something that gives me the shits. then the second someone questions or calls you out, you engage troll mode and stack another soapbox on top to get your voice higher. wake up mate. high Carb intake (particulary the empty ones) are one of the many contributing factors to obesity. Did you hear me, ONE OF, not THE ONLY (that goes for you to choco), hell it mightn't of even been your or mine or his or her's sticking point in their particular diet, but over all, high carb intake is a problem, just like low iodine intake, or excessive fat intake, or the amount of preservatives/contaminants in foods or how much modern foods are processed or genetically modified, or too much salt, ETC ETC ETC ETC. If you think its bullshit because you can bring up some half baked study, or twist the info on some website to suit your story like you did in this thread, go and read all the success stories and read the many others found on other sites and in forums. Varying any of the factors I mentioned above or others, could help you to lose the fat, varying carbs is just one of them, It might work or it mightn't, people just need to give it a crack and find out. STOP TELLING THEM THEY DON'T.

The reason people make silly posts like the OP did, is because of all you guys doing some big carb loving circle jerk, they feel the need to speak out against your bullshit.
    A little primal gem - My Success Story
    Weight lost in 4 months - 29kg (64 lbs)

BestBetter is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by dilberryhoundog View Post
    high carb intake is a problem... If you think its bullshit because you can bring up some half baked study...
    No studies needed, I personally think it's bullshit because I eat more carbs now that I ever did before and I also weigh less.

The reason people make silly posts like the OP did, is because of all you guys doing some big carb loving circle jerk
    What is a 'big carb loving circle jerk', because it sounds really awesome and I'd kind of like to try it at home
    Last edited by BestBetter; 04-03-2013 at 06:49 PM.

eKatherine is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BestBetter View Post
    No studies needed, I personally think it's bullshit because I eat more carbs now that I ever did before and I also weigh less.
    So based on your n=1 and your n=1 alone, everybody should eat lots of carbs?

Timthetaco Guest
    The reason people make silly posts like the OP did, is because of all you guys doing some big carb loving circle jerk, they feel the need to speak out against your bullshit.
    That's peer-reviewed, scientific bullshit to you, sir!

Drumroll is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by eKatherine View Post
    Yep, because BestBetter's results absolutely hold true for EVERYONE.

Quote Originally Posted by eKatherine View Post
    When did I ever say that everybody should eat lots of carbs? Damn, you are really hoping for a fight here.

Still waiting for a diagram of the carb-loving circle jerk. Maybe I'll try to improvise something on my own while I'm waiting.

Page 13 of 44 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast