Thread: Confusion....... page

RuthGV is offline Junior Member

Confusion.......

Primal Fuel
    People keep mentioning sour dough bread... Can someone explain please? Is this something that some of you include in your diet?

peril is offline Senior Member
    It is bread that is leavened by lactofermentation rather than by yeast. Weston A Price foundation promotes sourdough bread as being less harmful than yeast leavened or unleavened bread. I don't eat it
    Four years Primal with influences from Jaminet & Shanahan and a focus on being anti-inflammatory. Using Primal to treat CVD and prevent stents from blocking free of drugs.

Eat creatures nose-to-tail (animal, fowl, fish, crustacea, molluscs), a large variety of vegetables (raw, cooked and fermented, including safe starches), dairy (cheese & yoghurt), occasional fruit, cocoa, turmeric & red wine

noodletoy is offline Senior Member
    it's grain, which i don't eat it either.
    As I ate the oysters with their strong taste of the sea and their faint metallic taste that the cold white wine washed away, leaving only the sea taste and the succulent texture, and as I drank their cold liquid from each shell and washed it down with the crisp taste of the wine, I lost the empty feeling and began to be happy and to make plans.

– Ernest Hemingway

j3nn is offline Senior Member
    Real sourdough bread is unusual in a store or bakery. You'd have to find bakeries that use authentic recipes or make it yourself. Sourdough has been bastardized by pepperidge farm.
    | My (food) Blog | Follow me on Facebook | Pinterest | Twitter |

“It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men.” - Samuel Adams

Paleobird Guest
    My thought is if you have to grind it, soak it, sprout it, ferment it, bake it, etc. just to make it edible and less toxic, why eat it at all?

The WAPF does show ways so that IF you are going to eat grains you can make them less harmful. I still don't consider a "less harmful" substance worth eating.

eKatherine is offline Senior Member
    I am gluten intolerant. Somebody would have to show me laboratory results showing that a bread product produced in this way is actually gluten-free before I would sample it.

And when I say "a bread product" I mean the exact bread product. Not some study somebody did once using a non-standard fermentation process to produce a product that is unavailable and can't be made at home.

Derpamix is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Paleobird View Post
    My thought is if you have to grind it, soak it, sprout it, ferment it, bake it, etc. just to make it edible and less toxic, why eat it at all?

The WAPF does show ways so that IF you are going to eat grains you can make them less harmful. I still don't consider a "less harmful" substance worth eating.
    Someone else does it for you. And, I think the fact it tastes amazing as hell is enough of a reason to make it worth eating.
    Longing is the agony of the nearness of the distant

Paleobird Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Derpamix View Post
    Someone else does it for you. And, I think the fact it tastes amazing as hell is enough of a reason to make it worth eating.
    Yet more sage health advice from a person who lives on drugs, cigarettes, booze, coffee, sodas, candy, and enough sugar sweetened beverages to give a hummingbird adrenal fatigue.

magicmerl is offline Senior Member
    Yeah, IF I was going to eat bread, it would be sourdough.
    Disclaimer: I eat 'meat and vegetables' ala Primal, although I don't agree with the carb curve. I like Perfect Health Diet and WAPF Lactofermentation a lot.

Griff's cholesterol primer
    5,000 Cal Fat <> 5,000 Cal Carbs
    Winterbike: What I eat every day is what other people eat to treat themselves.
    TQP: I find for me that nutrition is much more important than what I do in the gym.
    bloodorchid is always right

RuthGV is offline Junior Member
    I have to say, I've never been a big bread eater anyway. Just wanted to know the deal with sour dough... Thanks! Think I will be leaving it out! Have been 95% Primal for around 6 weeks now maybe longer and I don't wish to eat any bread/pasta etc. Its great. No cravings either!