Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: lifting heavy page 3

Stacy15 is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by Iron Fireling View Post
    This was posted on my FB wall this morning: Is this Australia's strongest mum? on MSN Video
    Apparently she's 51, can deadlift almost 4 times her own weight (which she says ranges from about 48-50kg, so she's pretty small) and she's not exactly covered in bulky muscles either (and she mentions something about how after training for 18 years, if she was going to get bulky she'd BE bulky!).

I've also seen some YouTube videos of women in the under 48kg category doing stuff like cleaning and jerking over 100kg... Wow. They're not exactly big girls (you CAN'T really be big and weigh that!).
    Thanks for posting this video. That is awesome!

eKatherine is offline Senior Member
    Well yeah, I know But the point stands that when you weigh 48kg you're not exactly going to be huge and bulky... and yet these are very strong women. The point I was making was more strength does not equal bulk, and you can be very strong and still very small!
    If you look at my avatar photo, you will see that we don't all have the potential to be ectomorphs.

Iron Fireling is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by eKatherine View Post
    If you look at my avatar photo, you will see that we don't all have the potential to be ectomorphs.
    Not sure what we're debating here . I'm simply pointing out that women can be strong without being big. Obviously, we're not all built the same, though, and some are going to be naturally bigger than others.

eKatherine is offline Senior Member
    Not sure what we're debating here . I'm simply pointing out that women can be strong without being big. Obviously, we're not all built the same, though, and some are going to be naturally bigger than others.
    I wouldn't agree that "women" can be strong without being big, but "some women" can. The first makes it sound like an option.

destructalux is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by quikky View Post
    Isn't it funny how people think about weight lifting? Many women avoid it because they think it will make them too muscular, while at the same time millions of men try to do it at gyms all over the world, and fail.
    Lol true true. So many pin cushions make it hard for the natural bodybuilder to ever not fall victim to 'bigorexia'.

Iron Fireling is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by eKatherine View Post
    I wouldn't agree that "women" can be strong without being big, but "some women" can. The first makes it sound like an option.
    Okay good point. I get where you're coming from now .

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123