Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ultra Sweet Cookies page

TylerB is offline Junior Member

Ultra Sweet Cookies

Ok i have been on a strict paleo diet for about a month now.

Today, I thought I would have a cookie with my morning tea. (I used to have 10 of these every morning with breakfast). I was absolutely blown away at how sweet it tasted. It literally was unbearable. I downed a huge gulp of water after my first bite and could not finish it.

Has this happened to anyone else?

fxdwgmikeb is offline Senior Member
    I don't use any type of sugar at home. When I eat out I can tast the sugar in everything, and it is in everything. Last week I had some chicken wings because it looked like the safest thing on the menu. The BBQ sauce they were in must have been at least 50% sugar.

hannahc is offline Senior Member
    Your tastebuds change so dramatically and so quickly, that it's sometimes good to test them out! Now that you know how bad that one cookie tasted, you are probably less likely to eat things like it in the future. You'll probably start smelling nasty oils next, like the frying oils used in restaurants, or even the low grade olive oil (that's actually at least half vegetable oil) used on salads. Saltiness is another big one for me, I can taste that everywhere as well.
    You are what you eat,
    and what you eat eats too - Michael Pollan

TylerB is offline Junior Member
    awesome. i love it.

mcallit is offline Member
    I've definitely noticed a massive change in my tastes! I like fish, but I could never stand the flavor of cod. Now that I've gone primal, I tried cod again and it tasted fantastic (I just put in a pan with some butter and pepper). I have noticed unique flavors in foods when I do eat out, and it does bother me some since I live in KC (the home of BBQ). I'll take my 20% and suffer later to eat some KC BBQ!

ChristineCrain is offline Senior Member
    A lot of foods that I didn't like before I love now, and a lot of things (especially sweets) I don't like anymore. I can barely stomach ice cream anymore and I used to go through gallon tubs in two weeks.
    ---
    ~Christine

Lovestoclimb is offline Senior Member
    I had a bit of my sons yogen fruz the other day. WOW...holy sugar batman. It was quite overwhelming. 70% dark chocolate reminds me of milk chocolate now in terms of sweetness.
    I grok, therefore I am.

jadeocean is offline Member
    Most definitely...when I eat 90% chocolate its taste sweet and like others said, the things you used to eat and never noticed how sweet they were seem terribly sweet and unbearable. I live in the Georgia (not from here though) and I see all the people drinking sweet tea, I couldn't even drink it before PB, now I'd probably gag on it. It feels good to be satisfied by the natural taste of foods!
    Went Primal: 3/28/2010 - 43 lbs lost!
    Over 15 inches gone!

Primal Journal ~ Jadeocean

DebFM is offline Senior Member
    Oh yeah, I found many things I used to eat taste so nasty now: ketchup, sweetened yogurt, ice cream (sickeningly sweet), chips. Potatoes & rice taste like cardboard and milk chocolate, which I used to love, turns my stomach. Semi-sweet chocolate tastes like slightly chocolatey sugar. It's 85%+ chocolate for me now. Last weekend I had a little bit (maybe 1/4 cup) of sweetened mint tea mixed with 2 cups of water and that was still too sweet!

Other things taste sweet now - fat, especially on steak and even veggies. Plain sweet potatoes are like candy.

It's amazing how fast your taste buds can change, isn't it?

rphlslv is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Yes when I taste something sweet that I used to like, I have to spit it out and clear my throat for some minutes. Crazy I know.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast